Spinal Surgery imminent

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
I have been waiting for surgery to relieve my back and leg pain since janurary. after getting terrible pain in my legs and back since october last year i was told in janurary i needed corrective surgery and its finally come up. i have a narrowing of the canal in my lower disc which squeezes the cord and causes alot of pain. i had surgery three years ago for a herniated disc slightly higher up, and had a spacer inserted. since then i have had on and off pain. im fortunate that in NZ we get free hospital care and surgery, even if not caused by accident or injury and subsidised medication. kinda geeting my tax back :D, can take a little longer in the public system, but its fairly efficient. anyonre else stuck at home like me ?? its not all bad , get to enjoy my H/T alot.:D

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
sorry to hear you have to undergo surgery.
i guess the free part is the good thing.

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
yes, its scary but i have had it done before. just the thought of someone cutting and grinding so near my spinal cord makes me shiver!! i have a spacer inserted at the moment which supports the disc that ruptured previously. they are going to remove it as that has healed now. i have requested to keep it, (you can do that with any bodyparts removed) so ill take a pic for you guys!!! thanks for the support, i hope it relieves the pain as i cant do much of anything. Thank God for home theatre!!!!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Wow man, good luck with that. I had minor surgery in Jan, so I know how much it sucks to be laid up and waiting for that stuff to heal. At least you'll have some time to catch up on any movies you haven't watched.

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
Just relax and drink a lot of Line Red, ya Kiwi. :D
LION red, ha ha and trust me it tastes very weak and watery!! im a heinekin or stella man, although a kiwi brewery called monteiths makes a spiced ale called summer ale, its beautiful!!! but yeah it has been a great chance to catch up on movies and tweak the system. the painkillers make me very drowsy, and im not allowed to drive. also my other hobby is mechanics and since im unable to do much my car has been slighly neglected!!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Cerwin, sorry to hear about the back pain issues. I have them myself. As such, I know how bad it can get at times. Hope you get through it ok and your pain eventually fades. I will also keep you in my prayers. Good luck to you sir!!!!! :);):)

Cheers,

Phil

captiankirk28

Full Audioholic
I feel for you, i had a 5 level disc replacment 3 years ago and went back to work 3 months after i got back from Germany, but being that i have a hard job i have worked myself back into pain, so i can't work anymore and get to listen to my stereo alot also and being im only 37 i have a long time to hang out yet.

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
I feel for you, i had a 5 level disc replacment 3 years ago and went back to work 3 months after i got back from Germany, but being that i have a hard job i have worked myself back into pain, so i can't work anymore and get to listen to my stereo alot also and being im only 37 i have a long time to hang out yet.
I did the same as you in that the surgeon warned me my trade (Exterior plasterer) was to hard on my back and i should change carrer, but its hard to find something different after training my whole work life in one trade. I am heeding his advice now as the last three years have been torture at times. Im 26 so i hope i can retrain and not have to much more trouble. they say my back is very degenerated for my age and all of the lower discs in the lumbar region are not as thick and pliable as they should be. Thankyou all for the support, its been a very hard time, i have three young children and i cant even pick them up at the moment. anyway i will prevail!! (i hope!)

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
hmmm

Thats quite amazing to think you can broadcast the progress. i will definitely post a picture of the spacer they put in three years ago that supported my other disc while it healed. im keeping it as a souvenir. a very expensive one, at the time the surgeon said the implant itselt was $3000 NZ !!! :eek: hmmmmm wonder if i can sell it and buy more H/T stuff!!!:rolleyes: im glad the government is covering the whole thing!!! i do feel for you guys in the states, alot of people who cant afford surgery must go through hell.

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
hey guys looked uo the cost of one disc replacement and its 69,000+ NZ dollars at the stenum clinic link above!!!!!!!! thank god for NZ health care!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
LION red, ha ha and trust me it tastes very weak and watery!!
Sorry about that. I only know of it because my boss is a Kiwi and went back to NZ a few months ago. He said he got into an argument with the flight attendant, because the guy told him to drink VB, which I guess people make fun of by calling it Visitors Beer.

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
Sorry about that. I only know of it because my boss is a Kiwi and went back to NZ a few months ago. He said he got into an argument with the flight attendant, because the guy told him to drink VB, which I guess people make fun of by calling it Visitors Beer.
VB (victoria bitter) is very bitter and tastes like piss! its an aussie beer, and yeah its not great.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Thats quite amazing to think you can broadcast the progress. i will definitely post a picture of the spacer they put in three years ago that supported my other disc while it healed. im keeping it as a souvenir. a very expensive one, at the time the surgeon said the implant itselt was $3000 NZ !!! :eek: hmmmmm wonder if i can sell it and buy more H/T stuff!!!:rolleyes: im glad the government is covering the whole thing!!! i do feel for you guys in the states, alot of people who cant afford surgery must go through hell.
If you new how efficient our government was you wouldn't feel for us. We are better off with companies running it. Even if they screw people over.

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
yes i would assume with the waiting times a government health system in such a large country would have would be long. better off private and get it fixed alot quicker. over here it can take a while to get fixed up, it comes down to how high a priority your case is. im lucky (or unlucky) as the amount of pain im in, and medication i take combined with my age has pushed me up the list.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis