zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I already bought the Dayton sub and just got it today was looking on Amazon since its that prime day still seems like the bookshelves are the way to go
Prime-day does not have any good bookshelf deals

What you buy is up to you - the little Cambridge is not a wimp
and will not be squeaky and squawky sounding - and that box
is bigger than the little Klipsch - I prefer the Cambridge sound
signature over the Micca

However if you buy from Amazon - then Micca 42x would be OK

It is all up to you - your call

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I've never heard of Pure Acoustics.

Are you aware that the prices for the other two are for one, not a pair?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Since you edited your last post with your choices listed, did you read the customer reviews? They are in a better position to answer your questions. Odds are most of us have not heard both, or even one.

But, given a choice between the two, I'd venture to say the Pioneers would be better.

C

ChiefSquishy

Enthusiast
The micca Klipsch and pioneer all have relatively the same ratings and I'm right now looking into 3.1. With one of the 3 listed above using 2 bookshelves and a center channel would the 3.1 outperform a 2.1 better quality bookshelf pair

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Kid, you really need to pick a direction and stick with it. I'm outta here.

Last edited:
agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
The micca Klipsch and pioneer all have relatively the same ratings and I'm right now looking into 3.1. With one of the 3 listed above using 2 bookshelves and a center channel would the 3.1 outperform a 2.1 better quality bookshelf pair
Out of the three, I'd go with the Pioneer. With these (or any bookshelf speaker) don't ever lay it on the side. If that was your plan, stick with 2.1. The Pioneers have the matching center on Parts Express. You can also get the two with matching center from Amazon for the same price.

M

Mark of Cenla

Full Audioholic
Two budget speakers that I have and have listened to quite a bit are the Pioneer SP-BS23LR and the Sony SS-CS5. I paid $90 for the Pioneers and $150 for the Sonys. Each sounds OK without a sub, but most would use them with a sub. Both of those have a center speaker in the lineup. Peace and goodwill.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis