Speakers suggestion

D

dcc

Enthusiast
I have a Samsung HT-SK6 receiver, unfortunately I didn't get the Klipsch speakers that came with it originally, so I'm looking for a 10' powered subwoofer, and boolshelf speakers for the other five channels. The room is samll, 12' x 16' which opens to the kitchen after a set of bookshelves.

I have have out of the audio industry for a long time and am not current as to who is making what, and what is worth having. I have Velodyne taste, and a Jensen budget, what can I say.

All suggestions will be gladly appreciated.

D

dcc

Enthusiast
For some reason when I clicked on my name in my post it wouldn't give me the drop down menu with the option to view my privious posts, so I asked about this in The Steam Vent and was assured that it was the way to access the information, the long and short is that for what ever reason I have to double click it for it to work.

Now...having been able to view my previous posts I found the suggestions that had been made last year, so my question now is are the Athena .5 speaker system the best bang for the buck? And if I can't find a deal on a Velodyne subwoofer that I can afford, what else would you suggest in the $200. price range. OK...quit rolling on the floor laughing, I'm serious.

Matt34

Matt34

I would suggest just getting your mains and saving up for the center, surrounds and sub.

For the bookshelves start looking at b-stock from different companies to get a better speaker that might have small imperfections in the finish without compromising on the way it performs.

Look at the x-ls bookshelves from the av123 link I gave you. They are on back order till the middle of next month but they have been getting really good reviews at that $199 a pair.

D

deftech

Junior Audioholic
I got my b stock xl-s's from av123 last week. I dont see how you can beat them for the price. I am very impressed. Using them for stereo in my office but I'm sure they would do ht just fine.

B

BBrunner

Enthusiast
congrats man! Those x-ls speakers offer a terrific "bang for buck" factor. Enjoy!

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
B-stock

looks like they have 30 pairs of black B-stock X-LS speakers for sale from AV123.com. Sounds like they are brand new but have a minor cosmetic issue with the paint on the tops of the speakers. They won't last long at <$200.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis