Speakers for Yamaha RX-V1500

A

allanls

Audiophyte
Hi,

I have recently purchased the Yamaha RX-V1500. Does anyone have any recommendations/suggestions for the speakers to go along with it.

Thanks
Allan L.

runninkyle17

runninkyle17

Audioholic
I have heard that paradigm speakers are always a good match with Yamaha receivers. I would also recommend Polk Audio or even some of the newer Onkyo speakers. However, I am speaking from a college student perspective so I have not really experimented with very high end speaker systems.

Bye the way, where did you get your rx-v1500 and how do you like it? I am trying to decide between the rx-v1500, the Onkyo 702, and the Pioneer Elite 52TX. Anyway, hope this helps with the speaker question.

A

allanls

Audiophyte
Thanks for the response. I have shortlisted Polk's RTi10 or the Monitor 60. Any opinions on those? I picked up the Yamaha from my trip to Malaysia, cost me around 650 USD. My current speakers suck, hence the upgrade. The yamaha sounded awesome at the dealers plus per my research it was an ideal receiver for my requirements. Check out the review here - http://reviews.cnet.com/Yamaha_RX-V1500/4505-6466_7-31236745.html

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis