Speakers act weirdly?

P

ProRules

Audiophyte
Hello people!
I'm seeking for help.
I own microlab solo 7c speakers, and recently they act weirdly:
Most of the time, when i turn them on, they dont play untill i hit them a bit, slide from side to side making them hit the floor, then they start playing.
Also when im highering the volume up to a point, they just stop playing, and if i lower the volume they play again.
Thats so weird, and sad, their quality is realy good but that thing just bugs me so much, i can't enjoy the music.
Please help me, thanks ahead!

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
What are they eating? Are they close to teenage, thats when my sons starting acting up a bit, but I fed them less sugar and more protein and they seemed to level out a bit...

but seriously, its most likely a cable issue, i had a set of rca's that I thought I had to give my preamp a pop on the cabinet to get it to work, after beating the poop out of my cabinet for a few months I decided to look into the issue bad rca set was making and breaking then I owuld give it a pop and they would make sound for a bit, then stop when the vibration was wrong...

P

ProRules

Audiophyte
What are they eating? Are they close to teenage, thats when my sons starting acting up a bit, but I fed them less sugar and more protein and they seemed to level out a bit...

but seriously, its most likely a cable issue, i had a set of rca's that I thought I had to give my preamp a pop on the cabinet to get it to work, after beating the poop out of my cabinet for a few months I decided to look into the issue bad rca set was making and breaking then I owuld give it a pop and they would make sound for a bit, then stop when the vibration was wrong...
Well if it was the cable, wouldn't the speakers go on?
I know for sure the speakers are on, there is a red led that shows when its on or off. its definantly on.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

Looks like the built-in amplifier is having problems, assuming the connection cables and signal source are good. Try connecting them to a different source with different cables to rule out the last two.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

P

ProRules

Audiophyte
Looks like the built-in amplifier is having problems, assuming the connection cables and signal source are good. Try connecting them to a different source with different cables to rule out the last two.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
There is no way to change the power cable, nor the amplifier

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
One speaker houses the amplifier module. It's unlikely it's a cabling issue. It sounds like the amplifier is failing in some way. How old are these speakers? Are they under warranty?

P

ProRules

Audiophyte
One speaker houses the amplifier module. It's unlikely it's a cabling issue. It sounds like the amplifier is failing in some way. How old are these speakers? Are they under warranty?
They are about 4 years old. warranty is long gone.
I played them today and they played well but at the begginning i had to hit them against the floor, not hard but i had to do it.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I would be saving for some true loudspeakers and an amp or receiver.

Those were an "ok" budget buy, but after 4 years of duty they have paid their dues and owe you nothing. And nothing is what you owe them, so do not spend any money on them. Instead, every dime should be directed to speakers with boxes that contain a tweeter, a midrange driver, perhaps a woofer and a crossover circuit, but NOT an amplifier which cannot be cooled and doesn't belong in there anyhow.

Do it right this time and your ears, brain and heart will rejoice!

P

ProRules

Audiophyte
I would be saving for some true loudspeakers and an amp or receiver.

Those were an "ok" budget buy, but after 4 years of duty they have paid their dues and owe you nothing. And nothing is what you owe them, so do not spend any money on them. Instead, every dime should be directed to speakers with boxes that contain a tweeter, a midrange driver, perhaps a woofer and a crossover circuit, but NOT an amplifier which cannot be cooled and doesn't belong in there anyhow.

Do it right this time and your ears, brain and heart will rejoice!
Thanks for your reply!
Well i unscrewed the speakers back, got out the mechanism, and i saw that the amplifier had 1 scew now holding well (there are total 4 screws that hold the amp in place) so i screwed it in hard), and so now it seem to work just fine, by the way, my next setup will be an "open system" ill buy a good high quality amp, and then seperately speakers and subwoofer.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis