Speaker Wire Recommendation

S

SAVRF

Audiophyte
Hello fellow audioholics,

I recently purchased a Sony STR DH 710 Receiver and a pair of Bose 161 speakers. I also own a pair of Infinity SM 65 speakers, bought about 15 years ago. They will all be used as front speakers and I don't own a subwoofer yet.

In this sense, I appreciate your help with the following questions:

1. What speaker wire would you recommend? (Brands, length, general characteristics).

2. Would you recommend using banana plugs? What brands, types, etc.?

Thank you all very much

SAVRF

Edit/Delete Message

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
Hi and welcome to the forum!
As far as speaker wire goes, just about any 14 or 16 gauge stranded copper will work.
Monoprice and Home Depot are good sources.
For banana plugs, ( as long as your receiver and speakers will work with bananas) I like Sewell Deadbolts ( amazon) about 28 bucks for 24.
Cheers , Mac

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Hello fellow audioholics,

I recently purchased a Sony STR DH 710 Receiver and a pair of Bose 161 speakers. I also own a pair of Infinity SM 65 speakers, bought about 15 years ago. They will all be used as front speakers and I don't own a subwoofer yet.

In this sense, I appreciate your help with the following questions:

1. What speaker wire would you recommend? (Brands, length, general characteristics).

2. Would you recommend using banana plugs? What brands, types, etc.?

Thank you all very much

SAVRF

Edit/Delete Message
If wire is measure in millimeters in Colombia, a US 14 gauge is 1.628 mm in diameter, to give you an idea of sizes there. Brand is not a factor here, just cost and you don't need to spend much at all.

Oh, and WELCOME to AH :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis