Speaker wire....getting thru wall insulation ??

B

Britney meyers

Enthusiast
Hello everyone

I'm planning on installing some new rears and this time I want to run the speaker wire in my walls and just drop the wire strait down from my speakers ...then come out the bottom by the baseboard, sounds easy enough but how do I get past the insulation in my walls. I'm sure there is a trick I'm overlooking.

I drilled the holes already but totally forgot walls had insulations :eek: :eek: I'm blonde but not natural :)

Thanks for the help
Britney

P

philh

Full Audioholic
Fish tape held against the inside wall should allow you to miss the insulation. Requires a bigger hole, and bigger holes are much easier to patch then small holes.

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
Use a "glow rod" (AKA push/pull rod) you can find them at Home Depot, or Lowes, and they are 6' long flexible fiberglass rods that you should be able to use to go between the front of the insulation and the back of the drywall.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Fish tape from the top down. It will naturally hug the inside of the drywall until it finds the hole at the bottom. Don't plug the bottom hole, install screw type/banana terminals for a professional look. $25 for a pair.

P

philh

Full Audioholic
Buckeyefan 1 said:
Fish tape from the top down. It will naturally hug the inside of the drywall until it finds the hole at the bottom. Don't plug the bottom hole, install screw type/banana terminals for a professional look. $25 for a pair.
Good idea, cut the hole the size of a low voltage box.

Unlike the hole I had to make to drill through the #@$$% bottom plate #@$%^&

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis