Speaker Price Sheet?

N

Neijii

Audioholic
Is there a site that lists the avg price for speakers?

I'm thinking about future upgrades. Was going to get a matching center for what I currently have but realized I'd like to upgrade my fronts eventually, so I'd get a center that would match my future upgrades.

Just want to get an idea of prices at the moment.

G

gvthisbookahome

Audioholic Intern
I find this website helpful.

This site covers the low-end to high-end. Here's an example.
http://www.audioreview.com/cat/speakers/floorstanding-speakers/focal-jmlab/mezzo-utopia/PRD_119799_1594crx.aspx

It'll give you a good idea of how much someone paid for the speakers, where they purchased them from, and on what date they purchased them on. This should give you an idea of how much to pay now or in the future. It'll also give you an idea about how frequently the company retires its products.

That is the closest I've come to finding a free so-called database of prices, dates, and dealers.

There is an Orion bluebook as well. But that costs $$$.

Good idea about getting the center first and then upgrading your fronts to match the center. Whichever series and manufacturer you get for the center, you'll want to do the same for the fronts.

N

Neijii

Audioholic
Yea, right now I have totem mites, but they're not as full as I'd want them to be for my future fronts. Not sure what I'd want for fronts in the future.

I did hear the paradigm signature series a while ago and loved it. I'm thinking for around 1200 for a pair of fronts..just not sure what.

I do watch more movies than music, I think the mites are better for music than movies.

dapack69

dapack69

Senior Audioholic
Good idea about getting the center first and then upgrading your fronts to match the center. Whichever series and manufacturer you get for the center, you'll want to do the same for the fronts.
I disagree! I believe you should buy them at the same time. What if you buy the center and have to wait a year to buy the mains a year later; manufacturer discontinues that line...your SOL.

One has to remember that the front stage is the most important, buy all three at the same time.

N

Neijii

Audioholic
That's true. Guess I'll be waiting a year or so to upgrade then :/

G

gvthisbookahome

Audioholic Intern
That's true. Guess I'll be waiting a year or so to upgrade then :/
Nah. I say get them now. It's true the manufacturer could discontinue them, but with the Internet, there are so many different places you could buy them. I still believe it'd be fine to upgrade the fronts now and then upgrade the center later. There are dozens of audio marketplaces on the web.If it were the 90's, I'd agree with dapack69. But even dealers are uploading on the web too. I wouldn't worry about discontinuations.

N

Neijii

Audioholic
Well I'd get the center soon and the fronts later. I think I'd have to audition some speakers in the $1000 rage to see which center I'd like.

dapack69

dapack69

Senior Audioholic
Please audtion to your heart is content. As long your happy; that's all that matters.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis