Speaker Placement Q's

Roen

Roen

Audioholic
Here is the layout of my current condo:

http://www.elizabethgoulart.com/gallery/Toronto_Condos/8_The_Esplanade-L-Tower-Elizabeth_Goulart-BROKER/A3-637Sq.Ft-L-Tower-8_The_Esplanade-Elizabeth_Goulart-BROKER.jpg

I am not really able to put TV in the long lengthwise dimension. Widthwise, it is 10'.

I have the TV mounted on the wall as shown. I have put my head as the MLP and set that at 3.8' ft from the rear wall. I've set my other speakers based on ideal Atmos distances given the upfiring angles, and maintaining a 25* off-axis orientation for the L R and 110* off axis for the LS / RS. The subwoofer is at the rear wall, close to the window. (i.e. around where the table is)

Am I able to arrange the speakers any better than that?

Also, should the point that consists the MLP be the midpoint between my two ears or where my body physically sits on the couch?

Last edited:
TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Use your ears to determine what sounds best! One thing to keep in mind is reflections off the rear wall, at that close proximity, can break down a stereo sound stage, or potentially make the sound overly bright with surround sound.

For absorption, I use GIK Acoustics Art Panel's (among others) and the dye sublimation printing is outstanding. High Rez photo or stock image printed on an acoustic absorber would make for functional art. The Golden Gate Bridge made for easy WAF for me.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis