Speaker crackle fuzz

R

rickyd

Audiophyte
Hello,
I have a Marantz SA8005 and hooked up an Apple TV and Airport express to the toslink on the back to utilize the dac function and I am getting a crackling through my speakers. When I hook the Aiport Express directly up to my integrated amp using a mini to rca cord, no crackling. Also, when I hooked up another CD player to toslink on the back of the SA8005 there is no issue, which I think eliminates problems with the Marantz. Also, the USB works great on the Marantz. Any suggestions? Is there a setting in Apple TV or Aiport Express that I am missing? Anyone have any thoughts?

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Did you use the same toslink cable to test with CD player? If not then it might be faulty cable. Don't have experience with those products so cant say anything about them itself.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Double check the audio output settings on the Apple. Make sure all selected options are compatible with your receiver. Some dacs will behave as you describe if the frequency of the digital source is too high. Example: 192Khz input on a dac that only accepts up to 96Khz.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
IIRC, with my 10 year old Airport Express (which is still in use!) the mini-jack to optical caused that problem. Literally try fiddling with the cable, and then do your best not to disturb it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis