Speaker cable decision

R

rma123

Audioholic Intern
Hi: I want to buy audio cable for Axiom speakers to run in my home theatre. Axiom 12gauge wire costs 225.00 for 250 ft. Same gauge wire from Impact Acoustics costs about $155. Is the axiom cable going to make any difference at all? In other words is it worth the additional $70?

Thanks
Ravi

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Hi: I want to buy audio cable for Axiom speakers to run in my home theatre. Axiom 12gauge wire costs 225.00 for 250 ft. Same gauge wire from Impact Acoustics costs about $155. Is the axiom cable going to make any difference at all? In other words is it worth the additional $70?

Thanks
Ravi
At $1 a lft i'd run as fast as possible away from the Axiom wire.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
the speaker wire won't change the sound UNLESS it is too small a gauge for your length of run. so you can get ANY 12 gauge or 14 gauge cable and rest assured, that's the best sound you can get from ANY wire. of course, that's if your runs are reasonably long. i'm sure somebody else will chime in the max length for each gauge when there is but a tiny bit of attenuation that starts.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Home Depot, Home Depot, Home Depot or
Rat Shack

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Save yourself some money and go to bluejeancables they have great stuff for about 40cents a foot as well as lightning fast shipping.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis