rlammi

rlammi

Junior Audioholic
speaker boxes,GR Research a/v 3 help

Hello Audiohoilics,

I am looking to build some speakers , I have already done a kit set and they came out nice . I am looking to build the fronts center and sub just wondering if anyone had any box designs for a medium size tower not a mini monitor or bookshelf speaker . I am pretty good with wood working , but the actual size enclosure and all the speaker numbers are a little unclear to me any help greatly appreciated . Thanks Ron.

Hello again ,I am editing this due to the fact I have started on the project just have a couple questions .Has anyone out there built the GR Research A/V 3's ? And on the bracing is it ment to be short on the inside ?If so it owuld make sense to center them and then fill the sides with foam or that Blackhole 5 stuff .Just checking before I start gluing .Thanks and will have pictures soon .

Last edited:
D

Dryseals

Audioholic Intern
rlammi said:
Hello Audiohoilics,

I am looking to build some speakers , I have already done a kit set and they came out nice . I am looking to build the fronts center and sub just wondering if anyone had any box designs for a medium size tower not a mini monitor or bookshelf speaker . I am pretty good with wood working , but the actual size enclosure and all the speaker numbers are a little unclear to me any help greatly appreciated . Thanks Ron.
Hey Ron, how big of a tower do you want. If you are size restricted, get you maximum measurements and we can work from there, I'll help all I can.

rlammi

rlammi

Junior Audioholic
Speaker Project

Dryseals said:
Hey Ron, how big of a tower do you want. If you are size restricted, get you maximum measurements and we can work from there, I'll help all I can.

Thanks for the response Dryseals. I hadn't gotten any responses so I posted in the loudspeaker sections also .I am starting to build the a/v 3's from GR Research ,thanks to JGarcia.If anyone has these or has built them please give me some advice .I have all the panels and braces cut out (mind you no table saw ,all done with a circular saw.) The question I have is on the braces are they center on the front and back panels or are they staggered ie. a zig zag patter the box drawins don't realy show that the boxes are 8 inches wide and the braces are 6.5 inches .I will post pictures as i go .
Thanks Ron.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis