Soundbar Search - need advice

W

wildxplora

Audiophyte
Ok, here's the story. I have an apt in NYC, so yep its small, and a full a/v set up is not realistic.

What I am looking for is two Soundbar systems, I would prefer if they both are from the same manufacturer. One top of the line Soundbar system for a Samsung 8500 plasma 60 inch. Also I need another Soundbar system for a Samsung 6400 LED 40 inch.

But here is the key, for the smaller TV the sound bar cannot be longer than 36.75 inches in length, due to layout constraints. Also both need to be powered sound bar units. So far I have looked at systems from Harman Kardon, Canton, KEF, Paradigm, just to name a few. So everyone what would you all recommend?
These will mostly be used for movies and TV, and not for streaming music. Price is not a major issue, but I don't want to go the custom route for these two. Any help/advice would be appreciated. So what is the best sounding units, for these two sets? Would prefer if they came from the same company, but that's not a deal break, just a preference.

J

John-Dean-Computers

Audiophyte
Hi,

I heard a Yamaha sound bar in richer sounds and that sounded absolutely smashing!!

Almost brought it myself. I will find the model for you and post back. It's well worth a listen to as it did sound goodi think it was about £250 ish,

Hold tight and will report back with model

J

John-Dean-Computers

Audiophyte
Richersounds dot com/#!/product/yama-ysp1400

This is the 1,

Go have a listen to this. For the money it was unbelievable, honestly.

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
For me the new Klipsch was the ticket. Caught it on sale during Christmas for $599 vs reg $799. If money is no issue I would be taking a serious look at Focal.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis