Sound Issue.. HELP needed! SOS!!

M

ManicMunky

Enthusiast
Hey Guys,

I just moved in to my new house. Bought a new TV but face a slight issue. Hoping that the experts here can help out with this lil problem that i am facing.

Just bought an LG47LM6200 for my new place.
Mainly for my TV, MacBook Pro and PS3.

I am using a SMSL SA-98 T-Amp + FiiO D3 out to a pair of Wharfedale Diamonds 10.1 via speaker wires.
I can get sounds for all except for MBP.
Here is how i connect them all. Please point out where i went wrong.

Audio - LG > FiiO D3 via toslink > SA-98 via RCA cables > out to L/R channels to DIA 10.1
Video - PS3 and MBP are connected to LG via HDMI.

I have tried tweaking the sound settings for the MBP but does not seems to have any luck.
Thus i need the experts' help here. :)

Cheers and God Bless.

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
Could be your dac or tv not liking the output from your mbp-what types of files have you tried to play? The Lg does not read lossless files according to a review I just read on the Fiio. Not familiar with fiio- looks like an incredible deal at 25 bucks though
Cheers, Mac

M

ManicMunky

Enthusiast
Could be your dac or tv not liking the output from your mbp-what types of files have you tried to play? The Lg does not read lossless files according to a review I just read on the Fiio. Not familiar with fiio- looks like an incredible deal at 25 bucks though
Cheers, Mac
Yeah its actually a good deal i have to agree.
It sounds great for my TV and PS3 but can't say the same for the MBP.
There is one more audio out on the LG so not sure if i need an audio cable to connect from the MBP to the TV.

I played with MKV via VLC.
MP3 via Itunes.
None have sound.. picture is great tho.

M

ManicMunky

Enthusiast
One thing to add guys.

Before this new TV, i was connecting it to a Samsung 32" LED TV which has a Headphone Out.

I was able to get sound on HDMI.
As for the audio i connect a 3.5mm to the TV and RCA to the SA-98 via a 3.5 to RCA cable. No issues with that. Its just for this current setup and only affects MBP.

M

ManicMunky

Enthusiast
Update

Hi Guys,

here is an update on my connection. Dunno if i am doing this right.

MBP and PS3 to LG LED TV via HDMI
LED TV to FiiO D3 via Toslink
FiiO D3 to SMSL T-Amp via RCA cables
T-Amp to Wharfes DIA 10.1 via Speaker Wires

I am able to get sound from PS3 and TV when i select external speakers on the TV but it does not work for the MBP. There is no sound no matter which settins i select.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis