legendary70

legendary70

Audioholic
Is this true.....

Dolby Pro Logic® IIz processing lets you use front "height" speakers instead of back surrounds, for a taller soundstage?

So what exactly does Dolby PLIIx concentrate on?

The IIx is the one I use all the time when I am watching tv or movies....it seems like the center channel is fuller with this option?

Which surround channel (if there is a specific one) is used more often to watch movies like Avatar, Rambo (the new one), Interstellar, battle LA, etc?

The above question is more of which sound will give me the full potential of my 7.2 surround? as far as movies are concerned?

What surround format do YOU like using and why?

thx :rolleyes:

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I use Dolby PLIIx Music(basically stereo but added to all speakers to create surround) when I can't get surround(Netflix/Amazon Prime Video/TV) or Dolby D EX to get 7.1 instead of 5.1(Netflix/Amazon Prime Video/TV). It sounds best to me. For front highs I use PLIIx Height or Audy DSX for airplanes/helicopters for a better effect overhead. Have fun with the Yamaha. :) DVD/Bluray Concerts I mostly do Stereo. Depend how it was handled in surround. Sometime there is an echo if put in surround.

Last edited:
T

Tyreman

Audioholic Intern
Dolby PLII now and Stereo
cut back on surround rears.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis