Sorry...but Ive got a problem already

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
Update

After the Holiday weekend i got a hold of a service tech from HK (thanks for the phone # buckeye.) After about 10 min of questions he came to the conclusion that it has a bad processor. Within five minutes he had e-mailed me a pre paid postage label and directions to send it out for a replacement item. Turnaround should be about 5 days so hopefully in about a week I get to start this process all over again!

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
I know the fact that the unit is defective sucks, but I've got to say it sounds like the customer service is fantastic. It's little consolation but at least you know how you'll be taken care of if (heaven forbid) something else goes wrong. Looks like Buckeyes' right about the service from Harman being top drawer. I really hope you're satisified with the end result. Good luck again and keep us posted.

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
Yeah, I am extremely impressed with the costomer service. When I called the number they gave me on a reply (the same # that Buckeye did,) I was able to speak directly with the person who was responding to me via e-mail. It was refreshing speaking to someone who not only new my situation but was able to make the decision to have it sent in. I was anticipating a big run around but instead got a hassle free exchange! Hope the trouble shooting keeps going this smooth.

surveyor

surveyor

Audioholic Chief
coops said:
Yeah, I am extremely impressed with the costomer service. When I called the number they gave me on a reply (the same # that Buckeye did,) I was able to speak directly with the person who was responding to me via e-mail. It was refreshing speaking to someone who not only new my situation but was able to make the decision to have it sent in. I was anticipating a big run around but instead got a hassle free exchange! Hope the trouble shooting keeps going this smooth.
Coops, did you get your HK back yet?
If so, how do you like it so far?
Kelly

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
Not yet :mad: It is schedualed for delivery on Wed. I waited about a week to send it out so its party my fault its taken so long. They told me it was a five day turn around at their warehouse. it has taken about ten...its not the end of the world but sure a pain in the A$$. The customer service rep was easy to deal with but the delivery time is a killer. Ill let you all know how the replacement is!

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
I've been dying to find out as well coops. Keep us posted.

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
Its back Its back its back!!!

It took a little longer than I was told but all systems go! thanks to all ther troublshooting i did in the beginning, set up was a breeze!!! i am still a little apprehensive about pushing this thing. Is there a break in period I should be aware of?

Thanks for all your help

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
coops said:
It took a little longer than I was told but all systems go! thanks to all ther troublshooting i did in the beginning, set up was a breeze!!! i am still a little apprehensive about pushing this thing. Is there a break in period I should be aware of?

Thanks for all your help
Coops, I bet you're glad to have your baby back. I wouldn't worry so much about breaking in the unit, but moreso about ventilating the heck out of it. No components on top, plenty of space above, behind, and to the sides of the unit, and even a quiet fan to move some air. My 3805 was running very hot several months ago, so I added a pc fan directly to the top of the unit (over the heat sinks), and pulled the back oak piece off my entertainment center. It runs as cool as a summer breeze now.

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
Its great to hear this thing firing on all cylinders!!!

Buckeyefan, Ive got it on a shelf with about 4 inches of clearance on top, with a dual blade window fan behind it. I know its overkill but its what i had laying around. also the fan is loud...(but not louder than the 7200!) I will soon replace. I was looking to put one of my computer fans just as you have it set up, but I need an adapter for the fans powercord.
Does anyone know if the HK has a fan outlet inside (just like a computers motherboard)?? If not, I might just buy a cheap fan for it as soon as I head out.
I dont want to leave this beast unsupervised... I am afraid it might clean out the bar and knock up the neighbors cat!

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
The fan is loud...(but not louder than the 7200!) I will soon replace. I was looking to put one of my computer fans just as you have it set up, but I need an adapter for the fans powercord.
Go get one of these at Wal Mart. Cut off the end adaptor, and splice the two wires to the wires on the pc fan. Once you reduce the voltage, you're set. Then hook up the power supply plug to the switched outlet on the receiver. Simple as that.
http://www.shop.com/op/aprod-~ac+dc+adaptor-p13396896

I dont want to leave this beast unsupervised... I am afraid it might clean out the bar and knock up the neighbors cat!
Nice. LOL.

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
Glad to hear that it's all working out coops. So are you convinced you got a great deal yet?

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
Im starting to see the light...this thing is AWESOME!!! considering my old receiver, i feel like ive traded in a 1982 dodge omni for a hummer h2! especially for $530.60 I think it is a great deal! Its a refurb but looks like new and from what I can tell sounds like new. the first remote was a little beat up but the replacement is brand new...a little consolation for the lengthy delivery time.

santana supernatural DVD almost blew my head off!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis