Sony VPL-HW15, Any Thoughts?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
This Sony 3-panel-LCoS PJ is $3K and has a sealed light path.

Any thoughts (Pros/Cons) regard thing PJ?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
'regard thing' - Stop iPosting :D :D ;)

I haven't heard much about it yet. Projector Central had a pretty favorable review of it, but I imagine the tweakers at AVS have really dug into a ton and have a lot of useless information which would make anyone groan.

The Sony displays I've seen have mostly looked dim, which has turned me off, but this one got an immediate good shot for being a fair bit brighter in the Projector Central review.

It's really hard to knock LCoS technology, that's for sure.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
'regard thing' - Stop iPosting :D :D ;)
Oops. I don't know how that happened.:D

The reason I looked at the Sony VPL-HW15 was because Best Buy has this 36 months 0% interest.:D

Even if I didn't need another projector, this 0% interest thing makes me just want to buy something anyway.:D

If only they offer a JVC RS25 or something.

Oh, wait.

They have the JVC DLA-HD350. I suppose they could order a RS25. :D

Hmm.......................Interesting.

son-yah-tive

son-yah-tive

Full Audioholic
I have a KDS 50XBR Sony LCoS Projection Tv. If it's anything like that, it will be amazing. That picture still rivals all the new flat panel Tvs out there. We've had our set for 4 years now. I know what you looking at is different, but the same principle applies.:)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I have a KDS 50XBR Sony LCoS Projection Tv. If it's anything like that, it will be amazing. That picture still rivals all the new flat panel Tvs out there. We've had our set for 4 years now. I know what you looking at is different, but the same principle applies.:)
Yeah, I've always liked Sony XBR TVs too. The colors are always awesome.

But in the past, the Sony projectors have not been very bright in the Best Picture Mode after calibration.

The JVC RS10 & it's twin HD350 brightness in Best Picture Mode: 740 lumens.

Sony VPL-HW15 brightness in Best Picture Mode: 538 lumens.

F

finishers

Junior Audioholic
Sony's new HW15 is their lowest-priced 1080p projector yet released. Despite the price, Sony has made few compromises regarding image quality and feature set...:eek:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis