Sony projector decision help

J

josie13

Audiophyte
Hi Everyone,

This is my first time posting. I am trying to select a home theatre projector and have narrowed my search down to 2- the Sony VPL VW100 or the Sony VPL VW60. I looked at many different models including Optomo, Sharp and Mitsubishi. I am putting this projector into a dedicated home theatre with no windows and very low ambient light. The room is very large with the projector sitting about 16 feet back from the wall. The room measures 22 x 16.5 feet. I will be using the projector to watch Blu Ray movies and well as sports (mainly in High Dev). I would really appreciate any feedback you can offer on these two projectors as well as others in that price range that you think are better and why.

Thanks so much!

Josie

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi Everyone,

This is my first time posting. I am trying to select a home theatre projector and have narrowed my search down to 2- the Sony VPL VW100 or the Sony VPL VW60. I looked at many different models including Optomo, Sharp and Mitsubishi. I am putting this projector into a dedicated home theatre with no windows and very low ambient light. The room is very large with the projector sitting about 16 feet back from the wall. The room measures 22 x 16.5 feet. I will be using the projector to watch Blu Ray movies and well as sports (mainly in High Dev). I would really appreciate any feedback you can offer on these two projectors as well as others in that price range that you think are better and why.

Thanks so much!

Josie
The 60 supports 1080p/24 frames while the 100 does not:mad:
The 60 bulb is most likely less expensive vs the 100 and if you watch sports you will use up the hours:D
I heard the 60 was reviewed in Wide Screen Review with high marks, probably higher than the 100 before it.
An ISF calibrator I know likes the 60 more.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
how would the Sony 50 compare to the 60?
I didn't read the review in Wide Screen but read some of the threads at AVS. It appears that the 60 is a refinement of the 50, better in most, if not all areas. Certainly calibrates better.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis