Sony Plasma KDE-42XBR950

jaydog67

jaydog67

Enthusiast
I have this Plasma screen but lost the Media receiver that goes with it. I was wondering if any of you would know if the Media receiver for the
KE-42XBR900 would work on my Display? I have read some on reviews and the only difference I can find between the two models was that the 950 has a HDTV tuner and the 900 does not. At this point I am willing to sacrifice the HDTV tuner just to have my plasma up and running. Besides my cable box already has a HDTV tuner. I appreciated Bandphan's help on this subject in earlier posts, but I haven't been able to reach him lately. :confused:

jaydog67

jaydog67

Enthusiast
I called tech support at Sony and was put on hold for quite a long time. When she got back on all they could recommend is that I take it to a local authorized maintenance shop. And then they would be able to tell me if the mbt-xbr900 would work or not. Nice support huh!? :mad:

jaydog67

jaydog67

Enthusiast
Also I am looking for the P/N for the original Control cable or otherwise known as the Display Interface Cable. There is an alternative cable that is 33 ft long. I know that P/N to be VMC-P10. I don't need one that long. If anyone can help I would appreciate it. Thanks:cool:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis