Sony KV-34HS420N - Good buy?

J

Jedi2016

Full Audioholic
Yeah, I know this TV ain't the über-high-end, but I don't have a lot of space, and don't have a lot of money, and the TV is pretty much the only thing I haven't "upgraded" yet in my home theatre. I've got the fancy 5.1 surround system, I've got the fancy feature-laden pro-scan DVD player, and I've got a fifteen-year old Sanyo 27" television to round it off.. hehe.

I've read some pretty decent reviews of this TV online, but I'm just curious what the folks 'round here think of it. The screen isn't really that much bigger than what I've got.. the height is about the same, just wider. But, it's HD, and it's got every kind of input known to man (whereas my current TV is older than even S-video).

I know some folks are going to say "Well, for a few hundred more....", but that's the kicker.. I really don't have a few hundred more. This TV is just over a thousand bucks, which is a big chunk of change to shell out all at once, for me (plus I'll need to buy a stand for it, so there's your "few hundred more".. hehe).

So what do you guys think? Good entry-level HDTV for a poor guy? :)

B

beam3

Junior Audioholic
I have the 420 and I love it & the picture is great. I went with this since it wouldn't break my bank account. I don't have it designated for HT use as it's in my living room. Dollar for dollar you can't beat the quality, even if you spend another 1-2k on a plasma the picture still won't be as good. The only downsize is the size and weight.

I compared this to the 960 & 955 and I couldn't see a picture difference... I also didn't need the pip & other extras these sets required a premium for.

I've had this set for 8 months and I'm very pleased. (I wish it was a 42" but I'm not complaining.)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis