Sonus Faber 3.0 or Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grand Symphony

V

vardo

Enthusiast
I haven't heard the Sonus Faber 3.0 Venere, but am told/read that they sound a lot like the
Sonus Faber Toy towers (don't laugh, they are not "TOYS") that I own. They have a warm
soundstage, and are laid back, but with detail. No listener fatigue. Great with music.

The 3.0's have deeper bass and are somewhat more forward than the Toys. They sure look
nice....and are the first Sonus Faber speaker to be designed in Italy, but made in China (as if that matters).

If you have a Magnolia store near you (not the one's in Best Buy) you can take a listen.
If not find a dealer near you by using this web site: Contact Us

And a review of the 2.5 system from Hometheater mag: Sonus faber Venere 2.5 Speaker System | Home Theater

Also a review of the 3.0 from Ultimate Audio: SoundStageXtreme.com | UltraAudio.com | Sonus Faber Venere 3.0 Loudspeakers

As far as the Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grand's, I briefly heard them, and from what little I can recall, the sound was very pleasing.
As you know you have to get out and listen to these speakers. They're a pretty big investment, and only your ears can tell you
which you prefer (as you know).....just my 2 cents.

vardo

H

hsumix

Enthusiast
Thanks for your response vardo! Do they still produce the toy line? What price range is that?

Do you have any thoughts about them being assembled in China? Doesn't seem like it really matters...seems like, according to the reviews, they have their guys over there making sure it's done right.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Okay, here's a really general statement...I hope it helps. I've auditioned a few models of each brand. I've found the S/F's to (generally) be very musical, a little laid back, and image like crazy. The V/A's were also quite nice, but with a more neutral presentation and 'wow' kinds of bass performance. I'd use the V/A's in an instant for HT. The S/F's for 2-channel music. Second to anything from Dennis Murphy, I'd happily take either of these brands.

You have a really nice dilemma facing you. Enjoy your final selection.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Between the 2, I would personally go with Sonus Faber because I think they tend to have better measurements. :D

V

vardo

Enthusiast
Thanks for your response vardo! Do they still produce the toy line? What price range is that?

Do you have any thoughts about them being assembled in China? Doesn't seem like it really matters...seems like, according to the reviews, they have their guys over there making sure it's done right.
hsumix,

Yes, the Toy line of speakers are still being made. And the price range is lower than the Venere 3.0

Here is a review of the Toy 5.0 setup with a Rel T1 sub: Sonus faber Toy/REL T1 Speaker System | Home Theater

For prices on the Toys (and Venere's) you can compare them on the Sumiko web site: Sumiko Audio : Sonus faber

The Toys shown (in the review) have a black and brown leather clad outer finish, but they have done away with that, and the new Toys are solid
black leather clad.....which mine are. For $500 more you can get them in white or veneered.

Regarding the Venere's, they play deeper, and I don't think you would need a sub if you are using them for music.
I also like the Venere look, and probably would of got the 2.5 setup, but I don't know, I haven't listened to them, but they are
similar to the Toy's, and I like the the styling of the speaker better. As far as someone (employe, lead man) of Sonus Faber overlooking
the whole line of Venere's being made in China, I sure there is. Just about every speaker and electronic audio company has equipment
made in China....even the very high end companies.

The Toy towers have an extension down to 45hz, and I don't know if that's deep enough for you. I find if I listen to music only,
and turn off the subs, the bass output is enough for me (and others that own them, don't feel a sub is necessary). If anything
a small sub like a REL T-zero would do. But I think you can get a better sub from other companies (SVS, HSU come to mind)
if you looking for deeper extension.

The Venere 3.0 extends to 38hz. But like I said in my previous post, you have to go and listen to these speakers, including the
Vienna Acoustic's, and let you ears decide what you like best. Most dealers give you a seven day in home trial, because the
speakers are going to sound somewhat different in your listening area.

Hope there is a dealer in your area.

Vardo

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis