Sonos Playbar+Play 3+Sub as a 5.1?

S

sid369

Audioholic Intern
Does anyone have this Sonos Playbar+ Play 3+Sub as a 5.1 set up.

I am thinking of doing this as its easy and can be used to streaming music and expanded to other zones, and also used as a 5.1

I am just not sure how it will sound for movies?

I am thinking of soundbars as don't want to run wires and wife doesn't want big speakers in the family room. Also want music streaming capability so that it can be used when people are over for parties etc.

Any suggestions?

B

bpatters69

Audiophyte
Did you go with Sonos? What do you think about it?

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I have helped a friend do a fairly substation Sonos system in his house. I will say the sound from these products is impressive although he is not using Sonos speakers for his main theater system. He has the playbar and sub in his living room but no surround speakers. The sub to me seems to be the one thing that is well over priced. It is just ok not a one tune wonder but not super powerful. He has several other Play3's and Play5's around the house and the app's make it work seamlessly. He can combine any zones or have each zone playing a different service or station. Sonos is a well designed nice sounding system but you do pay for it. I went for a complete DIY approach using a Vortexbox and I am happy with how mine works and I saved thousands.

H

honeymonster

Enthusiast
I have a Sonos 5.1 speaker system comprising the Playbar, Sub and the newly released Play:1 for the rear speakers - two of them. Given their small size they are ideally suited as rear surround speakers and I am really amazed at the movie sound quality, with the additional bonus that I can stream Spotify music to my Sonos system also.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis