Something to consider before buying a PS3.

Zer0beaT

Zer0beaT

Junior Audioholic
Yep, this "microtransaction" business is a bad one and I knew it as soon as Microsoft announced it. Sony seems set to take it way overboard and I really hope people don't bite because the only way to fight this whole purchasing add-on content (that should be included in the first place or a small gift to those who purchased and are dedicated to a game) is to not buy it, but on Xbox Live it seems people are, hopefully the PS3 owners have more sense.

Several Xbox 360 games have been accused of leaving out stuff that's already on the disc that must be purchased to unlock. Electronic Arts has done this with several titles.

It's a bad omen for sure, and I haven't bought a single one (but I will buy the upcoming ES4 Oblivion expansion, but that's an expansion so different story)

If the games were budget priced when they're released perhaps I could feel better about buying more content, but not when game prices have actually gone up and now we're expected to pay for tiny bonuses that were developed during the games original developement cycle anyway (and in many cases are already on the original disc!)

Everything is turning into iTunes. The only difference is in this case you already bought the album on CD, but you need to pay to unlock the bonus tracks.

T

techigirl78

Junior Audioholic
Bigsilvs said:
But, if people want to say that it is Sony's fault, let me add this to the discussion then. It is Microsoft's fault then for standardizing the $59.99 retail price of games for next gen home consoles. Why now, after a well over a decade of $49.99 being standard? Why charge $10 more for games on an old medium, with in-game/server ads, and a yearly subscription fee to play on-line? And the answer isn't "rising development costs."
When the 360 was released, a lot of the MS games were $49.99. Examples, Perfect Dark Zero, Kameo, PGR3. Some of their new games are $59.99, but I wouldn't really question that it cost more to develop a game like Gears of War ($59.99) when compared to a game like Viva Pinata ($49.99).

J

Jedi2016

Full Audioholic
Bigsilvs said:
Gran Turismo HD, as of now, canceled in the U.S.
Cancelled everywhere, actually. They're turning into one of their "Concept" demos, to be released for download in Japan later this month. No word on a U.S. release for the demo.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis