Someone better jump...

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Nice pics. That is one good looking receiver. The remote really isn't that bad. Look on the bright side - you'll never lose it!

patnshan

patnshan

Senior Audioholic
I like how that remote looks! The receiver looks real nice. I am holding out for the VSX-1016 to put in my soon to be theater area.

Pat

Thunder18

Thunder18

Senior Audioholic
brian32672 said:
Oh, I know..
The 1015tx remote was a learning remote as well.
Also the Pronto is also computer (set-able).
I had them both set-up for the same including DVD player, rec., Remote controlled 120" screen, TV, Projector, etc... Even for 2 rooms equipment...

But the remote is to big...
I may have to get another Pronto.
Probably this one (pictured). (I had the TSU500 and the TSU-3000)

Anyhow here are a couple quick pics..

I'm glad you posted those pics. The ones I had were with a less than adequate camera in a less than adequate environment. Mind if I steal those pics for my yahoo album? You really can't find good pics of the 9300TX anywhere and those are about the best I've ever seen.

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
Buckeyefan 1 said:
Nice pics. That is one good looking receiver. The remote really isn't that bad. Look on the bright side - you'll never lose it!
That pic does not really show the size..
So I added the one below.
It is next to a universal remote that is standard size (compared to all my other remote sizes).

It really is a 2-handed remote. So that being the case, I would prefer a Pronto. (I will get another one)

Thunder18 said:
Mind if I steal those pics for my yahoo album?
No problem at all, here are some more. Let me know if you want full resolution ones. (They are big..)

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Hi Brian,

Thanks for the pics! Very nice as usual.:)

I read the specs but how does that 100wpc stack up. I bet by the weight of that thing it has more power than one might think. If i remember correctly you had/have a 1015 right? How do they compare power wise?

Thanks in advance for any power comments you (or anyone else) have,
SBF1

p.s. Don't you normaly use a regular coke to show size. Trying to shead a few?:p

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Awesome pics. Can you post a pic of the power cord? I saw the sorry 18 ga. cord on the new Pioneer 8 series units. It looks like it's attached to the unit! :eek:

Thunder18

Thunder18

Senior Audioholic
STRONGBADF1 said:
Hi Brian,

Thanks for the pics! Very nice as usual.:)

I read the specs but how does that 100wpc stack up. I bet by the weight of that thing it has more power than one might think. If i remember correctly you had/have a 1015 right? How do they compare power wise?

Thanks in advance for any power comments you (or anyone else) have,
SBF1

p.s. Don't you normaly use a regular coke to show size. Trying to shead a few?:p
It's actually rated at 110 wpc per the manufacturer. I had the VSX-D912 before the 9300TX and the VSX-56TXi and they blow away the previous receiver in terms of power reserves and ability to play cleanly at high sound levels. I'm sure Brian will elaborate some more though.

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
STRONGBADF1 said:

Yes, Thunder is correct. The manual I am looking at (just a second ago) lists it at 110 per channel into 8 Ohms @ 0.09 (as well, I just looked at the 56txi manual on-line - It is the same exact specs..)

Yep, I had the 1015tx. I have to assume that this one - would/will have much more power, and at cleaner specs. However, there was absolutely no problem with distortion on the 1015 (at very loud levels)...

I will let all know about how the 2 compare (power wise).. Sorry though, I still have not got around to hooking it up.

Funny, naw - I don't drink diet anything (yuck).. It was just what I grabbed first.

No problem Buck. I will get a pic of the cord out to you. The cord (I just checked) is almost as thick as a AA battery.

EDIT:: Also being registered at Pioneer, I found the 9300 manual on-line. So even though I have mine in front of me, I did not feel like scanning the page.. So here is a screenshot of the 9300tx manual. Weight is listed at 44.8 lbs.. As well, you can see the other specs..

Attachments

Last edited:
STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Brian,

Johnny on the spot as usual!:cool:

Thank you,
SBF1

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
RoroCo said:
Edited...nevermind... don't want to hijack the tread
You had asked this before you deleted and edited..
"Are there only two optical inputs?
Is that a big deal...? i have always heard optical is the way to go...
I have an HD Direct TV, DVD, and Xbox..."

Yes 2 optical in and 2 out. But optical is digital as well as coaxial digital. So there are 4 inputs..
There will be no audible difference (for the most part) between optical or coaxial.

Anyhow, a little update..
I finally got around to hooking up some of the channels. (will do the rest, as I build brackets for the speakers)
At the moment I am at 3.1, have not done the surrounds yet for full 7.1

Comparing power wise to the 1015tx is hard (as I am only going on memory)
I would say that there is a tad more power and what I conceive as more dynamic range.

But as Buck said before (as well I said it). Pioneer had hit a homerun with the 1015.
Distortion from the 2 (from what memory serves) is the same, both are perfectly inaudible distortion. I think the figures for the 1015 are off..

Now here is a big difference.. The 1015 is more intuitive (much easier to set-up) The 9300 is a bit more complex to set-up. Granted it has more settings and better bass management. The receiver as well the remote on the 1015 had a Auto button that worked well, and was easy to work with (even without OSD) The 9300 is a must, to use the OSD. I am still reading that the reverberation for the sub can be controlled (through OSD via graph measurement) and that it will control the lower FR. Hence, I would sum this up as EQ'ing the sub. Granted, I do not see how/where to get in and do manual adjustment. The 9300 has much more adjustment/flexibility over the 1015. There are (technically more) soundfield parameters/programs in the 9300. Yet I like the soundfields a tad more with what came with the 1015.
I still need to do more hook-ups, and much more adjustments/ But to sum it up quick for those that want to know (from what my POOR memory serves) The 9300 is more powerful than the 1015. Is it worth the price difference, well... Yes if the 9300 is bought for 500 to 600. Over the 1015 for 400.00
Would it be worth it if/ 9300 was 800.00 or more (this goes for the 56txi Elite as well) The answer is NO. The 1015 is a great piece of equipment and well worth the 400.00 cost (very under-priced if you ask me)
I will have more to say, as I get my other speakers set-up. I am at the point of drawing plans for the side and rear brackets. So I will have them up soon. (I just bought a lot of wood-working tools)(including - but not limited to - a new Table saw, jigsaw, router, screw-gun, etc...)

EDIT:: I will also say that the 9300 runs very cool (to the touch) The 1015 ran cool as well, but not as cool as this one.. So overheating should not be a problem for this unit (or the 1015 for that matter) This was after 4 hours of movies at above normal volume (for me) at around 99db peaks. And today, I ran it for about 3 hours very hard with music with about 116+db peaks. Verrrrrry cool running.;)
Also, I have the Advanced MCACC software - So I will hook it up to the computer - to check the FR (and adjust/as needed)

EDIT:: Also Buck - I will get that photo to your email in a few....

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis