Some opinions on this tv...

96cobra10101

96cobra10101

Senior Audioholic
LG 60PZ950. The room it's going in has a wide viewing area. 3d is not important to me, even though this one has it. I just want a killer picture without ghosting. If you think there is something better in this price range ($2000), LMK.
Thanks

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I'm sure the image quality is great, but as it is a LG display I would never recommend that you purchase it. I know of about half a dozen people personally who have seen their LG displays have 100% failure. LG covered a couple under warranty, but for the rest, they threw it in the garbage. Due to their extremely high reliability issues, I just don't feel like they are a trustworthy brand.

Do they look good? Generally speaking, I believe that they DO look good.

But, I would go to the Samsung 59 or 64 PND7000 series before I would consider LG for a second. Those are 1740 and 2093 respectively from Amazon.

Likewise, the Panasonic GT 60 inch TV is just under $2K and will provide a stunning image with the absolute best reliability overall.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-VIERA-TC-P60GT30-60-Inch-Plasma/dp/B004MME760/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1324509011&sr=8-3

Now, if you are a fan of LG, then buy it. I'm sure it looks good. But, from my own experience I would not suggest I will recommend against LG as long as they have such high failure rates.

96cobra10101

96cobra10101

Senior Audioholic
Thanks for the input BMX.

Bought the Samsung PN51D8000 today. I was leaning towards the Panny VT, but tv is for wifey, so she wanted the networking tools the Samsung has. Also, we have 2 other Samsungs already at home which we have had 0 issues with. It came with 2 pair 3d glasses and a 3d Bluray player (meh). Now my kids have a Bluray player.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis