Solution for baffle wall?

D

dylan86.exe

Audiophyte
Hi all,

First post here. I'm looking for a solution for our dedicated theatre room where I want to run LCR speakers. The room is L5m x W4.4m x H2.5m (See attached) No windows, and only one row of seating for me and my partner. The problem I'm facing is that I can't use in-wall speakers due to a studs and bracing being in the way - so that rules that out.
So I was thinking of a 300mm baffle wall (The speakers would be hard up against the wall with 150mm speaker depth + 150mm speaker cone to back of screen). Problem with that is that it will further reduce my room dimension in length that it will practically be a cube (apart from the height)
I only just realised that the room as it is now, is a multiple of 2.5m in length (5m) so I'm wondering the best way to approach this. Another Idea I had was to build a hollow box on the wall, fill it with insulation and place the LCR speakers in that with the screen over the top.

Considering the length of the room, I need to take careful consideration how much space I chew into. 5m sounded good at the time - but in theory, once we sat in the room - it's not very big at all.

Attachments

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis