Solid 5.1 receivers?

C

canyouhearmenow

Audiophyte
Hi,
I'm looking for suggestions for a 5.1 receiver. I have no need for more channels or 3D , and with a tight budget(~$550) id rather pay for performance than a bunch of channels or features (3D, ipod dock, bluetooth etc) I'm not going to be using, which seems to be the big selling point with alot of the newer models i'm seeing.

I've looked at the Yamaha RxV467 and the pioneer vsx-520 along with some various others and feel indifferent about them, but they are in the lower price range which leaves me an additional $200 to hopefully find something that sparks my interest.

As for speakers, its looking like ill be going with PSB imageT5 fronts and a image C4 center, and a Rel T3 sub, while leaving the rear dormant for now (hopefully not more than a few months).

any info or advice would be appreciated.

thanks

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Do you need HDMI?

Does it have to be new?

Are you patient enough to wait for the right moment to buy a high quality used receiver?

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
If you're in the US then a factory refurbished Onkyo TX-SR707 is a great choice for $400 from Accessories For Less. It has a few features you don't need but it also offers a 4ohm rating and the ability to add an external amp later. If you don't need those features then maybe a refurb 607 for under $300?

C

canyouhearmenow

Audiophyte
Yes, I do need HDMI, 3-4 would be suitable. and as for the patience, I would like to have it at least ordered by end of October, and I'd be willing to pay more for something at that point then waiting indefinitely for a good deal.

I am in the US so I will look into the refurb Onkyo.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis