Software design program

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
Anyone have a feel for any of the design code out there for loudspeakers? Im looking at the stuff from PE.

Bassbox 6 and Xover 3 pro combo

or

Soundeasy speaker design software.

I already use WinISD and find it to be pretty good, although I sometimes wonder about the results it spits out.

Anyone use either of these? How about accuracy, anyone know if the code has been validated in any way? What about the crossover design code, I'd hope that it was more than a cap and Le calculator. Any help would be great.

crippledchicken

crippledchicken

Enthusiast
i find the BassBox 6 to be very good! i haven't tried the crossover version though.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Ask this question at the Madisound and PE Tech talk boards. You'll get opinions from people who have dealt with a number of different design software packages and have their preferences.

Code validation? I doubt it :p .

D

Dryseals

Audioholic Intern
For validating the code, the proof would be in the pudding. I've tried to get Speaker workshop going for a while now. Just purchased another soundcard, the EMU 4040 and it seems to be responding better. But I have a standard setup with a scope, freq counter, sig gen, volt and current meter for backup readings. I have not tried any of the other products out there yet, although I do have many down loaded.

I've just finished a room in my shop for the sole purpose of electronics, by this time next week I should be able to tell you how well speaker work shop compares to my fixed readings. The thing I like about speaker workshop so far is that once you begin to understand what it is trying to do, then you can make adjustments on your end to get more acurate results, that and the fact that it is free.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis