Sleek side speakers, flat screen, but obnoxious center channel layout

Z

Zool

Audioholic Intern
Hey - would love recommendation on how to make things look right on my set up in the bedroom. I'm installing a plasma on the wall - tilt backing - and I have a pair of Vienna Acoustic's Waltz on either side. I have an old PB12 paradigm sub that works good enough for bedroom stuff. The issue is I have a paired Vienna Acoustic's center speaker (maestro?) that will stick out like a sore thumb. Has anyone installed a center speaker where most of it is installed in the dry wall (between dry wall) and maybe framed the opening? Besides just installing a Shelf, that's the only thing I can think of to make things look sleek. Any ideas?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hey - would love recommendation on how to make things look right on my set up in the bedroom. I'm installing a plasma on the wall - tilt backing - and I have a pair of Vienna Acoustic's Waltz on either side. I have an old PB12 paradigm sub that works good enough for bedroom stuff. The issue is I have a paired Vienna Acoustic's center speaker (maestro?) that will stick out like a sore thumb. Has anyone installed a center speaker where most of it is installed in the dry wall (between dry wall) and maybe framed the opening? Besides just installing a Shelf, that's the only thing I can think of to make things look sleek. Any ideas?

I don't know if that gives you any ideas or not?

Z

Zool

Audioholic Intern
Ummm - well, your set-up is truely an inspiration. However, this is for the bedroom and if there is any lick of truth in electro-magnetic waves and their effect on sleep patterns, I don't think a bear could hibernate in that room! I'm leaning on cutting the dry wall and inserting the center speaker between the beams, but I guess I'd have to build about a 5-6 foot ladder type table to support the weight of the unit and fit it between layers of sheet rock. I like how you built out the wall to fit your audio equipment, but I'm trying to conserve on space and to clean up the look.

N

nodnarb

Audiophyte
I am thinking about using a Vienna Waltz as a Left right and Center Channel.... Do you know if this will work? How will it do as a center, have you tried it? The best buy near me has a set for 300 each...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis