P

pinnerite

Audiophyte
I am contemplating the purchase of a pair of tower speakers to accompany my new home-build media centre.
A pair of Skytronics caught my eye. The spec seemed OK but no indication of THD or frequency drop-off.
When I tried to find a review or user comment, I couldn't find a thing.

If someone could suggest where I might find some, I would be grateful.

TIA

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Yeah, skytronics looks like a European brand, their home audio line looks like a knock off of B&W speakers:
10005591_title_hifi_lautsprecher_skytronic.jpg
Of course, there is nothing in the way of specs for these speakers. They have speakers that suspiciously resemble Paradigm S8s as well. From a couple google searches, it looks like their bread and butter is pro-audio stuff. Here is a picture of a hilariously garish DJ speaker of theirs:
$T2eC16RHJHgE9n0yFl6hBQzupupR5w~~60_35.JPG
Here is a video of those speakers in action; you know a speaker is awesome when the drivers have blue LED backlighting:
[video=youtube;E34NuMPWBTs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=E34NuMPWBTs[/video]
Anyway, I definitely would steer clear of their home audio stuff, its basically white van special speakers.

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
I also get the impression that these are white van specials. Wouldn't recommend.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis