Simply Sound Audio Rumba 12

T

Tweaked

Junior Audioholic
I just bought one of these subs off of a member over at AVSforum. It should arrive next week. I spoke with Murrel, the owner of the company, and he said that the warranty is transferable. I got a great deal on it. I can't wait for this thing to arrive so I can hook it up and give it a listen. Do any of you own one? What are your impressions? Here is a link to the site.

https://simplysoundaudio.com/

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Did you read theJman's review of the sub?

T

Tweaked

Junior Audioholic
Yeah, I had read that review, but over at AVSforum. That review was the primary reason I decided I wanted this sub. I couldn't believe that this sub weighs 75lbs. It's a monster.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Definitely. It was because of that review that I ended up buying a driver from Murrel's supplier Pierce Audio.

Enjoy it, looks like a great little sub.

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
I couldn't believe that this sub weighs 75lbs. It's a monster.
It's a very solid sub. About 40% of the total weight is the driver alone - that thing is an absolute beast - but the cabinet is stout as well. When you see how small it is in real life it's hard to imagine it weighs that much, but it does. Let us know what you think of it.

U

Uncle_Big_Green

Audioholic Intern
I have a Rumba 12 and like it. It's my first sub. It sounds better than a couple of my friends' Klipsch and Infinity subs and probably cost within $100 of either of them. I have mine in my 2600-2700 CF cave. It does a nice job, but I plan on buying another one. That only means that my space is near the sub's limit and that 2 subs are better than one (even if one is capable of filling the space). The other reasons to buy one are that it's made in the USA and MG is a cool dude.

ETA: One more thing as I just looked at my sub. I really like the finish on it. It is the perfect black finish for a speaker.

Last edited:
Matt34

Matt34

Anyone know where Murrel is at in Colorado? It would be cool to check the Rumba out in person.

Edit: Found out he's Longmont, about 1:45hr away.

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I've sent them an email to see how much it costs to ship to my part of the world as they have it on sale for $549. I've read the reviews and it looks very impressive. I have one concern about the cabinet. From the pictures, it doesn't look like the cabinet is very well braced? If I'm wrong, please tell me and indicate where the bracing is. Thanks.

Matt34

Matt34

I've sent them an email to see how much it costs to ship to my part of the world as they have it on sale for $549. I've read the reviews and it looks very impressive. I have one concern about the cabinet. From the pictures, it doesn't look like the cabinet is very well braced? If I'm wrong, please tell me and indicate where the bracing is. Thanks.

At 16" cubed I don't see the need for bracing IMO (it has some midwall it appears with 1" baffles.) I've used the Partexpress cabs that are a little bigger un-braced and didn't notice anything bad.

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
There's a shelf brace close to the center of the cabinet. It's .75" MDF. Trust me, flimsy this thing is not - it's one of the more solid cabinets I've come across. They're actually hand made at a high-end cabinet shop near his home.

K

KSO

Audiophyte
Rumba vs Epik Legend

Has anyone had any first hand experience listening to both the Rumba and Epik Legend? I'm setting up a basement room that's about 14x22x7.5'.

T

Tweaked

Junior Audioholic
Well, I have some good and some bad news. First for the bad news. I received my sub today, and Fedex must have kicked a field goal with this thing. Here are some pics of the sub.

Lets take a moment of silence in remembrance of this magnificent creature.

Now for the good news. The gentleman I purchased the sub from is filing a claim with Fedex and Murrel is going to help me out with resurrecting his creation. Murrell is truly a world class guy. As soon as I can afford it, I would like to buy another one from Murrel just to show my gratitude.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Wow, I'd like to know how far that fell to break the spider and the cabinet like that. I would have though one or the other would have absorbed enough energy to allow the other to survive!

U

Uncle_Big_Green

Audioholic Intern
Wow, I'd like to know how far that fell to break the spider and the cabinet like that. I would have though one or the other would have absorbed enough energy to allow the other to survive!
It comes with some very good packaging new. If the seller used the original packaging, then that thing was seriously abused. Heck, it was seriously abused even it was sent with minimal padding in a regular cardboard box. That is sad.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Yikes! Sorry to see that, but I'm really glad that the seller is being so good about it. Thanks for the pictures - although sad, they were very interesting.

M

Murrel

Audioholic Intern
Anyone know where Murrel is at in Colorado? It would be cool to check the Rumba out in person.

Edit: Found out he's Longmont, about 1:45hr away.
Matt

You are welcome anytime! Make some time for food and beer! (we own a little slice of the Oskar Blues restaurants). Hell 43 craft beers on tap and a whole lot of great food....You may never get to hear the subs! :)

Murrel

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
As much as I like subwoofers, I'd like to try all the beer :)

Matt34

Matt34

Matt

You are welcome anytime! Make some time for food and beer! (we own a little slice of the Oskar Blues restaurants). Hell 43 craft beers on tap and a whole lot of great food....You may never get to hear the subs! :)

Murrel
Well, I can't make any promises but I'll try and see if we can coordinate something around the last half of November when I'm back home on mid-tour leave.

Convincing the wife I need to go up there to listen to more subs might be easier if there is good eats involved.:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis