Simple question for a simple answer ... :)

picture_shooter

picture_shooter

Full Audioholic
Or I would hope so.

But I have the opportunity to either buy two (2) SuperCube 1's or one (1) VTF-15H.

Any know for the same price, which would be the better one to get? :D

Thanks

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I personally would get the VTF-15H...and then add another when money allows :)

B

bikdav

Senior Audioholic
Agreed.

I personally would get the VTF-15H...and then add another when money allows :)
In many cases, when it comes to subwoofers, the bigger the better _ unless the physical size of the subwoofer will intrude in the room.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Is this for HT or music...

I'd assume HT..... Have you had experience with the different SQ nature of a ported sub vs sealed or passive radiator.... ?

Some people like me have pref's.... Not a huge fan of a port contributing to the sonic nature of bass personally...

picture_shooter

picture_shooter

Full Audioholic
Is this for HT or music...

I'd assume HT..... Have you had experience with the different SQ nature of a ported sub vs sealed or passive radiator.... ?

Some people like me have pref's.... Not a huge fan of a port contributing to the sonic nature of bass personally...
HT all the way. Not too much into music. I did own the LFM1-Plus and FV 12 in the past. They were very nice, but I just didnt care to look at either one of them.

I like the SC1's because they are small and compact. I heard one at my local hifi store and it was nice, but the room was very big per sq ft. It did do a nice job for its size.

I am interested in the HSU because it looks like a sub that I can play with and find it will be much more than I would need. So I have high expectations if I was to get that sub. The only flaw is SIZE. I think it would grow on me to look @ it for 22 hrs or so per week when watching movies, sports ect ect....
I am aware that this is a beast and HSU does makes a great product.

The only SVS I ever owned was the PB10nsd and I was expecting much more that what I got out of it. So I passed it on to a SvS fan, which honestly was no problem to pass off to the new buyer.

So back to the question, it looks like the HSU wins. I'll let you all know what I decide to do.

Cheers

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
p.s: why not ed A5 - 350 ?
Since eD has free shipping - it would $218 cheaper... :)

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
Absolutely +1 on the VTF-15H!!!

I LOVE mine! & my friend owns the same supercube your considering. Its very good for its small size. But even with 2 of them it wont dig any deeper & specially for movies, that low bass makes all the difference. The 15H will go lower & louder. Suprisingly to me the 15H is extremely musical. Plus you can play with the different modes (sealed/ported) & figure out which fit your room & needs.
I found out that even though you may think you'd like max output mode, your room really depicts which will sound best, in order to get a flat response. For me, max extension mode is suiting me great!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis