Significant Snowfall Expected.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Just like the title says , we are expecting our first winter snowstorm here on the southernmost tip of NJ.
I have been out for a few hours this morning and can honestly say it feels, it looks and it smells like snow and a lot of it, it is very ominous and eery out there almost like a hurricane is coming.
We are as prepared as expected , generator on standby. I understand that it could be anywhere from 12 to 20 inches and even more every mile north of here and so on further up the coastline. I feel for the north jersey and NY folks as they are sure to get hammered by this one. 12 to 20 inches of snowfall may be the norm for some places but around here it can be crippling for a few days.
Updates with pics to follow. Be safe everyone and take care.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Good luck down there Rob.
I threw a couple 50lb bags of calcium in the back of my truck for some extra weight.
It's supposed to be a lite fluffy snow, if that's any consolation.
I have a feeling the high winds and downed trees are going to be a problem.
My wife and I are both working from home and a power outage would really suck in more ways than one for all of us.
Good luck and be safe out there.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
We're supposed to get this storm tomorrow morning. This could get interesting...

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General
I got my peanut butter and fluff sandwiches ready. :D We here in Worcester Mass are supposed to get around 25-30 inches and with the wind we will more than likely get drifts much higher.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
We will be suffering down here as we barely make it to 70 degrees. :D That said a snow storm can be very beautiful so I hope you can post some picks. Maybe you can even make a beer fridge out of the front door.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
The part of Maryland where I live seems to be dodging this one. We've had mixed rain, snow, and sleet, but little or no accumulation on the ground. Temperatures are hovering just above freezing, and I hope it stays that way.

Enjoy the indoors while it snows, and don't try to shovel it all at once.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
It's started snowing here. And, sanity has prevailed for a change - they've shut down my workplace before we all go to work and wait until we have blizzard conditions before being told to go home. :) My only regret is that I didn't stop at Lee Valley yesterday to pick up the dovetail saw and jig set that I want.:( I could have spent the day playing with my wood...

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Well we dodged the proverbial bullet as the so called storm pretty much fell apart before it made it down here no pics worth posting up as we may get about 2 inches max but it is so windy and the snow so dry it is simply blowing away. They closed all the schools and gov offices for basically nothing lol.

Heres a tidbit from a local weather guy I follow,

"
Weather NJ
35 mins ·
Biggest snow storm bust in modern weather history. Feels like a solid kick to the gut. You have my apology and promise that future forecasts for such high impact potential will be made with better risk mitigation. The system was slow to fully develop in the upper levels which brought the entire storm just east enough for the result you see today. Lesson learned for myself and many others in the meteorological community. Thank you for your continued support. Be safe!

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
The residents of south Buffalo are laughing at CNN right now.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
If we got 6" we'll be lucky. Kinda like some of youse guys wives. ;)

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General
Official total of 33.5" here in Worcester Mass. Biggest snow storm since they started keeping records. :eek:

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Official total of 33.5" here in Worcester Mass. Biggest snow storm since they started keeping records. :eek:
OK, you win. We got 32" in 1996. That's the biggest we've had in my lifetime. History shows a record of 34" in 1888.

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
We picked up 30" on Cape Cod....still digging out....keep my power luckily.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis