STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Looking to replace the Salk's already? Don't you hate it when deals present themselves and you don't have a use for them?:D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Looking to replace the Salk's already? Don't you hate it when deals present themselves and you don't have a use for them?:D
Maybe I could set them up in ManTown. :D

Wall mounted Sig8's. :eek:

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Those are gonna cost you more than just a Christmas sink and tires.:p

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Those are gonna cost you more than just a Christmas sink and tires.:p
The SongTowers and Aragon cost me a trip to this Titanic Museum in TN amongst other unspeakable assaults. What's the most time you ever spent with a menstruating teen in a car? The Sig8s really are cost prohibitive.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Man, why would you even give them a second thought? You've got a real nice set of Salks. Just relax and enjoy. :)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Man, why would you even give them a second thought? You've got a real nice set of Salks. Just relax and enjoy. :)
I'm not giving them a second thought for at least 3 reasons.

1. Too big
2. I like the STs just fine for CondoLand.
3. Price

Nomo brought up the topic of cost and I actually did make that trip to Knoxville paying it forward on the STs.

However this being the Deals Section I thought Sig8s for 3.5 grand was a killer deal for somebody that actually could turn them up. Hearing a pair of these cranked is like nothing else I've ever heard. Killer deal ... for somebody else. There's a good chance I'd pick the STs over the Sig8s up to about 90db. But when you need 110 clean db there really is no comparison. The price reflects that ... but I wouldn't ever do that to my neighbors or my bank account for that matter.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Did you buy them yet?:D

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
Did you buy them yet?:D

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
I think he must have, and is just trying to figure out a way to tell us. Maybe he will just deny everything, and pretend not to have purchased them. Then, he can stumble on a deal from his "cousin" or some such person and have them in a couple of years.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Never mind all that stuff I said to Adam.
I have come to my senses and am calling that guy right now. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
If I knew for sure that it would cost him another few hours in a car with a menstruating teen, I might just buy them and have them sent to his place. Let's face it, he could never convince Cheryl that someone bought those for him. :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Since I cleared up the room a bit I can almost see enough floor space and if I want new speakers I should be able to have them.

*Typed from a hiding spot in my closet.*

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
*Typed from a hiding spot in my closet.*
Good luck. Cook up some bacon and leave it on the stove before she gets home, or else the smell of bacon emanating from your sweat-drenched clothes will be your undoing.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Never mind all that stuff I said to Adam.
I have come to my senses and am calling that guy right now. :D
You can store them here.
When you come down in the summer, I give them to you to reciprocate for the panels you gave me.
Cheryl will never be the wiser.:D

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
If Adam pays for them and you store them ... this could work.
Just have Doug pick 'em up and we'll be all set.
See you this Spring. You guys are the best.
Also, have Adam arrange shipment via Amazon. That worked out well for his coffee. That way I can perform any break in they may need before you come my way in the spring to pick them up. You know where I live right? :D

C

collegeaudio

Audioholic
I live in NH, I just don't have $3,500. Half way there, right?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis