Sick of the "wind up" posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jamie2112

Banned
I myself am SICK of these stupid political threads bashing Obama for doing what EVERY other past president has done in Japan and China as well as the Middle East.Give it a rest!!!! This is not a website for your politcal madness to be spewed at everyone.Lots of people are SICK of it as well.There are a few on here who continue to post Wind Up threads like the bowing thing.GIVE IT A REST. Go put your soapbox somewhere else! Sorry but these people suck!!!!(you know who you are)

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I agree 1000% percent man. I don't come here to read about anyone’s politics or religion in fact in many cases I come here to kind of get away. While I am 100% free speech and I don't have an issue that most political and religious opinions here are very different than my own I am quite sick of these types of threads.

Is the steam vent really a place for this stuff or just to post some personal vents about a bad day or a poor experience with a product? My one comment of note would be in my experience those that are always first to spout their opinion in these ways have some personal need to be validated that these opinions are correct and have to bash others to feel better about themselves.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
I know. Dam RMK posting about more goodness with the 80.1. We should ban him his gear is way too good.:eek:;)
Or make a trip to California and steal it all. Actually, I'd settle for just hearing it. I really want to hear the JTR setup, or if you're WmAx, JRT. :D

majorloser

majorloser

Nothing like a good "flame war". :rolleyes:

I'm sure B.E.N. just loved the latest additions to his thread. :D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Personally, we all have differing opinions-especially when it comes to politics. I refrain from posting in such threads. The reason being, I avoid getting into a flame war over such things a politics and/or religion. I believe people have the right to their opinions as long as they don't bash others that disagree. With that being said, we should respect different opinions because we all come from different backgrounds and thus have different experiences/perspectives to draw from. :):eek::)

Cheers,

Phil

CraigV

CraigV

Audioholic General
Personally, we all have differing opinions-especially when it comes to politics. I refrain from posting in such threads. The reason being, I avoid getting into a flame war over such things a politics and/or religion. I believe people have the right to their opinions as long as they don't bash others that disagree. With that being said, we should respect different opinions because we all come from different backgrounds and thus have different experiences/perspectives to draw from. :):eek::)

Cheers,

Phil
I’ll second that, and add that it would help to at least try to see things from another person’s perspective. No, you don’t have to agree with the person, and you may even gain a new dimension to your own viewpoint you hadn’t considered before. If you truly don’t like what someone has to say – don’t reply to the post! When you do, you give them the fuel for their fire ;)just ignore it, don’t view, don’t post & let it die off quickly. Why bother putting yourself through the aggravation, and allow yourself to be dragged down to their level?

Last edited by a moderator:
CraigV

CraigV

Audioholic General
I just need to make an observation here. This section is titled “The Steam Vent” and is described as an area to do just that – blow off steam. Many of us come here just to shoot the s***, like Darien who posted a thread about some animals getting electrocuted by some downed power lines. That was 5 days ago, and has garnered 226 views and 12 responses. The bowing thread was started today at 3:39, and already has 329 views and 38 responses (at the time of this writing.) Seems like a 2 way street to me.

(No, this is not directed at Jamie nor anyone else – just food for thought)

J

jamie2112

Banned
Just an observation in your view, but there is a point where shoving your views (for years now) down peoples throats gets old and its not about sharing views its about wind ups period.Enough already.

CraigV

CraigV

Audioholic General
Just an observation in your view, but there is a point where shoving your views (for years now) down peoples throats gets old and its not about sharing views its about wind ups period.Enough already.
Yes, I understand – but responding to his posts, no matter how inane, is just giving him what he wants. He knows you don’t like him – he gets it. Don’t give him what he wants, and eventually he’ll get the idea & start keeping his opinions to himself.

majorloser

majorloser

Jamie, just remember, I saved the best videos for your thread. :eek:

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I’ll second that, and add that it would help to at least try to see things from another person’s perspective. No, you don’t have to agree with the person, and you may even gain a new dimension to your own viewpoint you hadn’t considered before. If you truly don’t like what someone has to say – don’t reply to the post! When you do, you give them the fuel for their fire ;)just ignore it, don’t view, don’t post & let it die off quickly. Why bother putting yourself through the aggravation, and allow yourself to be dragged down to their level?
I just need to make an observation here. This section is titled “The Steam Vent” and is described as an area to do just that – blow off steam. Many of us come here just to shoot the s***, like Darien who posted a thread about some animals getting electrocuted by some downed power lines. That was 5 days ago, and has garnered 226 views and 12 responses. The bowing thread was started today at 3:39, and already has 329 views and 38 responses (at the time of this writing.) Seems like a 2 way street to me.

(No, this is not directed at Jamie nor anyone else – just food for thought)
Can your posts possibly be any more pedantic? :rolleyes:

Some of us have been here a lot longer than you, and as such have been dealing it with a much longer time. :rolleyes:

I apologize for not having such an abundance of your virtuous patience and humility. :rolleyes:

Of course, sagacious it would be to not reply to my post and drop to my level. :rolleyes:

A name will go unsaid, but a different member here had posts that I found so incredibly rude and annoying, that it delayed my joining of this site by many months.

I think such threads are a disservice to this forum, and I truly believe they furthermore are hurtful to the success of this forum.

In my very honest opinion, the fact that they let both posters that I reference continue in such fashion, for as long as they did/have, makes me feel embarrassed about this forum.

He knows you don’t like him – he gets it. Don’t give him what he wants, and eventually he’ll get the idea & start keeping his opinions to himself.
You could not possibly be more wrong, pedant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Maybe so. But I think any one who has been around here long enough to know the who's who here has learned to know what to expect from certain members here.

Markw's posts, just to drop a name ; sorry, frustrate me because of the disparity between his views and mine. But I've learned to accept the fact that just because his views on politics don't match up with mine don't make him a bad HT person. And HT is the primary reason I'm here. Next to gay videos from the Major of course, cold shiver. :eek:

It's pretty easy in this case to put some one on ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis