Show...meee...the BUNNYYYY!!!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Alright, I'm excited. I have a package arriving tomorrow from UPS. New audio equipment? Nope. New video equipment? Nope.

Dog food.

Yes. Dog food.

My dog loves rabbit meat. Loves it. She peels road-kill rabbit off the pavement. She found a dead rabbit on one of our walks, proudly carried it all of the way home, and then (I think) swallowed it whole - I didn't see her do it, but one minute it was there, the next it wasn't. Too bad for her that I now stop her. She ended up getting tape worms this Spring, probably due to some dead thing that she ate, so now I try to keep her from doing it. Okay, in comes the dog food. I stumbled across a brand of dog food on the internet two weekends ago that makes a canned variety that is 95% rabbit meat. Oh, baby. I can't wait to let her try it. It won't be her regular food, but rather an occasional treat. And it's arriving in time for Thanksgiving.

Okay, it's no new subwoofer, but I'm still excited about it. Sure, she might not like it any more than the 50 cent can of Pedigree that I could get at the grocery store...but I can dream.

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
Alright, I'm excited. I have a package arriving tomorrow from UPS. New audio equipment? Nope. New video equipment? Nope.

Dog food.

Yes. Dog food.

My dog loves rabbit meat. Loves it. She peels road-kill rabbit off the pavement. She found a dead rabbit on one of our walks, proudly carried it all of the way home, and then (I think) swallowed it whole - I didn't see her do it, but one minute it was there, the next it wasn't. Too bad for her that I now stop her. She ended up getting tape worms this Spring, probably due to some dead thing that she ate, so now I try to keep her from doing it. Okay, in comes the dog food. I stumbled across a brand of dog food on the internet two weekends ago that makes a canned variety that is 95% rabbit meat. Oh, baby. I can't wait to let her try it. It won't be her regular food, but rather an occasional treat. And it's arriving in time for Thanksgiving.

Okay, it's no new subwoofer, but I'm still excited about it. Sure, she might not like it any more than the 50 cent can of Pedigree that I could get at the grocery store...but I can dream.
I'm sure the dog can output LFE with the right setup :D :D :D

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
If your dog won't eat it a first.
You might have to run it over a few times with the car to flatten it out a little.:D

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja

Dog food.

Yes. Dog food.

Adam this is a little disturbing, it sounds like you're dying to sample the rabbit. Are you sure its for your doggy and, ah, not you? I mean we'll understand, if you want to eat the bunny meat that's ok, really. Just be careful you don't develop an urge for roadkill, tapeworms aren't fun from what I've seen in the Discovery Channel's piece on parasites. And besides then you'll be in constant competition with your dog, anytime you guys spot roadkill you'll try to out race each other to the road patty. Or you could always stuff the Thanksgiving bird with it.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm sure the dog can output LFE with the right setup :D :D :D
Hee, hee, I know what you're talking about. My pooch hasn't started that, yet, but maybe if I find the right chili beans...

If your dog won't eat it a first.
You might have to run it over a few times with the car to flatten it out a little.:D
Excellent suggestion! I was thinking of just using a dirty rubber mallet. Tenderized, but with that succulent taste of grit.

Adam this is a little disturbing, it sounds like you're dying to sample the rabbit. Are you sure its for your doggy and, ah, not you? I mean we'll understand, if you want to eat the bunny meat that's ok, really. Just be careful you don't develop an urge for roadkill, tapeworms aren't fun from what I've seen in the Discovery Channel's piece on parasites. And besides then you'll be in constant competition with your dog, anytime you guys spot roadkill you'll try to out race each other to the road patty. Or you could always stuff the Thanksgiving bird with it.
:D I can see the police report already. Photos of me laying flattened next to the roadkill rabbit, my pooch Niki looking on (still drooling over the bunny). The driver's account of how Niki was trying to pull me off the rabbit and away from the car, but how I kept lunging back to take a bite. Hopefully the driver only saw the last moments and that the scratches covering my body with be attributed to the impact of the car and not to the scuffle with Niki. I'd hate for her to get in trouble. The silverlining in all of this is that I would no longer have to deal with the 25-foot tapeworm that I had cultivated. Although, even that would be bittersweet, considering that I had raised it from a baby.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Even Majorloser is into Rabbits. Just don't let your dog get to close to this one. :eek:

majorloser

majorloser

Beware of the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog!!!!

"Follow. But. Follow only if ye be men of valour, for the entrance to this cave is guarded by a creature so foul, so cruel that no man yet has fought with it and lived. Bones of full fifty men lie strewn about its lair. So, brave knights, if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth." - Tim the Enchanter

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I remember reading a story about a vampire rabbit when I was young. Scared the bejeesus out of me. I'll be sure to look through the food first and pull out any long fangs that might have made it through the grinder.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Were those related to the famous Jack-a-Lopes?
Naw, this one was just a white bunny with fangs...and a thirst for blood. I can't imagine coming across that, let alone a jackalope that had been turned.

This food does have garlic in it. I wonder if it's more for protection than for seasoning. Hmmm.

J

jake5717

Audioholic
You might also be able to get rabbit food from the vet. I get my cat food from the vet (green pea and duck). I know they have a ton of other flavors there as well.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
You might also be able to get rabbit food from the vet. I get my cat food from the vet (green pea and duck). I know they have a ton of other flavors there as well.
Thanks, Jake. I'll try to remember to look next time that we're there. I don't remember seeing any food like it, but they might have added to their selection.

The food that I got falls under the natural and/or holistic market. There's a good description here (although that's not where I bought it).

majorloser

majorloser

D!ck Van Patten's Natural Ballance food? It comes in Duck & Green Pea formula for cats with allergies. You can get that at Petco.

http://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/catformulas/NB_CatCanned.html#Duck

http://www.petco.com/product/104221/Natural-Balance-Green-Pea-and-Duck-Formula-Ultra-Premium-Cat-Food.aspx

Last edited:
J

jake5717

Audioholic
OMG thats not the one I get but thats half the price of what I pay! I may have to switch. Thanks!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Well, the verdict is still out. My pooch didn't seem to be feeling well this afternoon. She did eat the canned bunny, but there wasn't much enthusiasm - which might be due to her being a little under the weather. She was feeling better tonight and was very excited about the 95% venison food (I got two kinds). I'll try the rabbit again this weekend and see what she thinks.

Then again, maybe it's because she's eaten rabbit before but hasn't (to my knowledge) eaten venison before - even though she has chased them a few times. Either that or I really do need to run over it with my car to give it that tasty roadkill appeal. :)

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Cut yourself a piece of old tire tread, beat the rabbit meat with it, it'll give it that "fresh road kill" texture and aroma.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Cut yourself a piece of old tire tread, beat the rabbit meat with it, it'll give it that "fresh road kill" texture and aroma.
Good idea. Also, maybe she'll want it more if I just put her on her leash first and then keep pulling her away from the bowl.

For the record, it did smell pretty good. There was a bunch of excess gelatin (or something), so it wasn't too enticing to me...thank goodness.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis