Should You Use Cables as Tone Controls?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Blah, blah, blah. So, distortion is a good thing, now?

By writing "fattened and made more coherent-sounding by the dominant second-harmonic distortion.", he made a case for using tubes.
What do you expect from JA. Cannot change after all the years of craziness.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
here is something "magical" I came across while checking what is at the Audio Fair in Munich now as we speak.
500.000€ cables from Zensati... I had to check 3 times, WHAT...... this amount for cables...... I am stunned stunned stunned, are there really people bying this stuff? :eek:

Not exactly beautiful and my style if you ask me .... I have been hiding all my cables as I want a clean room :cool:
do you really thik it is possible to have a lovely lady entering a room like this ...... I guess people búying this stuff should expect the doctors with white jackets to adress you pretty soon :D

It is so way beyond me thinking that this is anything sensible ..... :eek: o_O
haha, super fast cable.... is this something for you @gene :D

(sorry guys if this ended up in the wrong thread, this was the best one I could find)

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

here is something "magical" I came across while checking what is at the Audio Fair in Munich now as we speak.
500.000€ cables from Zensati... I had to check 3 times, WHAT...... this amount for cables...... I am stunned stunned stunned, are there really people bying this stuff? :eek:

Not exactly beautiful and my style if you ask me .... I have been hiding all my cables as I want a clean room :cool:
do you really thik it is possible to have a lovely lady entering a room like this ...... I guess people byúying this stuff should expect the doctors with white jackets to adress you pretty soon :D

I guess if you are stupid enough to fall for that con, you deserve to be parted from your money by con artists, which that bloke in the video clearly is.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I guess if you are stupid enough to fall for that con, you deserve to be parted from your money by con artists, which that bloke in the video clearly is.
If he's going to be a bear he might as well be a grizzly I guess.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Do I see a nomination for "Darwin Award" for ZenSati?
I am speechless .....

You can buy an extremely nice flat or SenSati cables ..... difficult choice :confused:

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

do you really thik it is possible to have a lovely lady entering a room like this ...... I guess people búying this stuff should expect the doctors with white jackets to adress you pretty soon :D

(sorry guys if this ended up in the wrong thread, this was the best one I could find)

I'd seen the pic but without the price....now it is 500000x sillier !

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I'd seen the pic but without the price....now it is 500000x sillier !
I am not sure I have seen anything being more ugly .... WOW o_O
And then even paying money to visually f$##" up the living place like this ..... again: speechless :eek:

I listen to music and I love it ..... the equipment is just a toolset for nice experiences :cool:

EDIT: Did anyone consider DBT testing ZenSati cables v.s. full cable setup from "Blue Jeans Cables"
My choice is simple pro cables from guys like Mogami, and Kimber Installation Speaker Cables, with locking banana plugs from Blue Jeans Cable ..... sensibly priced, looks well, works insanely well :cool:

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Do I see a nomination for "Darwin Award" for ZenSati?
I am speechless .....

You can buy an extremely nice flat or SenSati cables ..... difficult choice :confused:
Darwin Awards are given for people who do something so stupid, they kill themselves or cause in injury that causes them to be incapable of procreation.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Darwin Awards are given for people who do something so stupid, they kill themselves or cause in injury that causes them to be incapable of procreation.
I know.... but this is pretty close IMHO......

Even in Norway you could get an extremely nice (SMALL) seafront flat for that money :cool:

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I know.... but this is pretty close IMHO......

Even in Norway you could get an extremely nice (SMALL) seafront flat for that money :cool:
I was looking at their website, you sure you aren't missing a decimal place or two? I mean silly expensive but 500,000 expensive I didn't see.....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I was looking at their website, you sure you aren't missing a decimal place or two? I mean silly expensive but 500,000 expensive I didn't see.....
OTOH maybe I wasn't counting the number of cables or accounting for length....might just get up there on a second look.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
it’s just what is written in the video….:eek:

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Oh I am very sorry! it seems like I forgot to post the link to the video, here it is:
Watch from 8:08 :eek:
LOL I thought you were there....but wonder how it breaks down, maybe the lifters are also really expensive models....or what.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
LOL I thought you were there....but wonder how it breaks down, maybe the lifters are also really expensive models....or what.
No, I wanted to go there but it did not work out ... it is the largest audio fair in Europe by a wide margin and some crazy nice things, like Purifi have a great large stand, their top guys are there, and you can even meet-up with possibly Bruno Putzeys and Lars Risbo is definitely there.

Also guys like Electrocpompaniet, they build all their amps in Norway, it is expensive but buiilding stuff here and not in China has a definite cost to it. Well I met those guys in Norway already. I also believe Seas and Scanspeak have large stands, where you can meet their engineers :cool:

And then maybe even meet the engineers from Dali, Dynaudio, B&W, PMC, Proac, T+A, Wharfedale, Audio Physic, Sonus Faber, Serblin Audio, Kerr Acoustics, Piega, Kef, Trinnov, Audiia Flight, maybe Peter Gansterer of Vienna Acoustics +++ ..... :cool:

but then you have a lot of insane crazy overpriced stuff = IGNORE

maybe next year :cool:

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis