Should I build the wall? Not a Floyd question.

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
I just thought I'd poste an update about the wall. Turns out that a wall is going to be built, but I have to do it in the sliding format. When one of my friends came over to help with the wall he asked a question. A simple question, one that leaves me shaking my head at myself. He asked, "iIf you build a wall here how are you going to get anything else up or down the stairs?" I had never even paused to consider the limited mobility that this would provide to the whole basement. I have been looking around, and found a pretty good sliding wall that is only two pannels wide and pretty thick to boot. I think this is my only option, Oh well, having even a temporary wall will keep the girlfriend busy for hours painting and decorating and whatnot, so the wall is not all bad.

As a great man said, The problem with other relationships is communcation, too much communication"

B

bpape

Audioholic Chief
Or, kill 2 birds with one stone and put in a solid wall with a set of french doors to provide the access to the basement. It would at least give you that space at the bottom of the stairs to get things down and turn them around to move through the hall.

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
It's a good idea bpape, just don't have the room. Doors couldn't open outward, and to open them inwards would require moving everything in the room around. The real kicker about this is that someone moved the stairs from their original position and tried to segment the basement into 3 sections. The stairwell was initially much wider and in a central location. If they hadn't meddled everything would be so much easier. Oh well, cest la vie.

Arnold Layne

Arnold Layne

Enthusiast
Takeereasy...I hope everything goes well, cuz I know it's not easy...banging your heart against some mad buggers Wall.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis