Shipping a plate amp

M

Methost

Full Audioholic
I have to ship my Xsub amp back to Cadence. I have found a nice box for the amp, but I am concerned about how to pach it to prevent damage to the circuit boards. Anyone have any suggestions? I assume one MUST insure a shipment like this anyway. But how much to insure it for?

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Methost said:
I have to ship my Xsub amp back to Cadence. I have found a nice box for the amp, but I am concerned about how to pach it to prevent damage to the circuit boards. Anyone have any suggestions? I assume one MUST insure a shipment like this anyway. But how much to insure it for?
The best way would be puting the amp in a anti-static foam wrap or bag.
Then put it in a box packed tight with at least two inches of anti-static packing peanuts all the way around. Then put it in another box surrounded tightly all around by at least an two inches of packing peanuts all around.

Insurance is cheap and stories of lost/damaged packages are common. Find out what a replacement amp sells for from Cadence with shipping, handling and any taxes and there you go.

Take care,
SBF1

p.s. When I say packed tightly use common sense. Just tight enough to hold the amp with out movement but not so tight to put undue pressure on any thing that could be damaged.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
both ups & fedex have specific packing guidelines for electronic items,if you pack soley with packing peanuts both ups & fedex can deny an insurance claim should there be damage as they consider peanuts to be fill material & not a protective material.

you should wrap the unit in 2 inches of bubble wrap & put in the box,then fill any remaining space with packing peanuts & seal the box,then put the first box in another box that is 2 inches larger than the first box & tightly pack with packing peanuts.

if you dont double box an electronic item they dont have to pay for damage & the same goes for using packing peanuts as your only protection,you should only insure the amp for what it would cost brand new from the manufacturur to replace it, shipping companies will want estimates to repair or replace before they pay your damage claim,insurance is free up to $100 with either shipping company,after that its a small fee per every $100 of additional insurance.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis