Sherwood Newcastle HDMI 1.3 receivers

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Sherwood is a tad slow at updating their site when they have new products available, but now they have their models on their site for your viewing pleasure.

Sherwood Newcastle R-872
Sherwood Newcastle R-772
Sherwood Newcastle R-672

The R-872 and R-772 process Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA formats, and the R-872 can handle scaling with a Genesis Faroudja 2301 Scaler/Deinterlacer. The R-772 does not handle scaling.

A

alexsound

Audioholic
Sherwood is a tad slow at updating their site when they have new products available, but now they have their models on their site for your viewing pleasure.

Sherwood Newcastle R-872
Sherwood Newcastle R-772
Sherwood Newcastle R-672

The R-872 and R-772 process Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA formats, and the R-872 can handle scaling with a Genesis Faroudja 2301 Scaler/Deinterlacer. The R-772 does not handle scaling.
I'd like to see when they update the site and have the 972 available.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I'd like to see when they update the site and have the 972 available.
It should already be complete, maybe they are still finishing up manufacturing before they list it on their site. The 972 is revised to have 6 HDMI inputs and I think 2 outputs. That unit will likely retail for close to $2000.

S

skriefal

Enthusiast
I believe the 972 will also have the (nicer) Reon video processor.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I believe the 972 will also have the (nicer) Reon video processor.
No, it is using Faroudja, but it may be the new version (perhaps that is why they have not listed it yet). The new Faroudja chipsets should be equal to or superior to current chipsets from others at this time. Admin started a thread on the new Faroudja chipset.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Actually, Jeff Hipps from Sherwood has stated that the R-972 will now be released with the Reon processor:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=11641549#post11641549

I was strongly considering purchasing one of these, but 'caved' a week ago and bought a Pioneer Elite 92TXH instead. Still, it's shaping up to be a nice receiver and should be well received.
Good find.:)

The R-972 should be a 50 pound + receiver, I wish the dealer in town kept a good showroom setup, but they don't care about audio they care about TVs.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis