Shawshank Redemption: December 2nd

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Just pre-ordered mine.

I tried at WHV to apply a coupon code given to me for my last purchase, but they wouldn't apply it.

People have noted that it comes in a "digi-book" case, and have said that Warner is using the AVC codec for the first time.

Hopefully it won't be cancelled or delayed. But, if delayed means a better transfer, I'm all for that.

Is it me, or do I think a lot of other people are getting this too? :p

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Must already have been pushed out once because I have it listed as Nov 4.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah. It was actually supposed to come out on HD-DVD. Then last Christmas. Then June 7th. If what I've been reading is true.

Hm.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
One of the greatest movies ever made (IMHO), but I'm not sure it's worth the BD buy, and certainly not @ $26. It's just one of those classic movies that doesn't need the flawless picture or the lossless audio (and honestly I don't know how much more it could really be enhanced) because the story is just so darned good. I could watch this movie over an antenna on a fuzzy black and white TV and still absolutely love it. My SD version will probably suffice for Shawshank.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Shawshank Redemption is easily one of the top greatest movies of all time.

obscbyclouds

obscbyclouds

Senior Audioholic
I really love this movie, but I must agree with Aberkowitz, I'll probably pass on this Blu-ray.

2 Reasons:

1.) I've seen it 4,543,203,938,901 times. I don't think I can ever watch it again, I had the VHS, own the DVD, not to mention that it's on TNT or TBS every other week. :D

2.) I can't see it really have any spectacular improvements over the DVD in terms of SQ or PQ. This one is all about the story. (and what a story it is!)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I have it on SD DVD and I still haven't opened it....I will be buying this one on BD regardless, and I will watch it. I expect it WILL be an improvement video wise. Audio wise, I am not sure it will matter. Excellent film.

J

jamie2112

Banned
I have seen it a whole bunch of times but every time its on I end up watching it for the upteenth time..It is an amazing movie and I will buy it on blu ray when OPPO comes out with their player or I get a PS3 whichever comes first...

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Shawshank Redemption is easily one of the top greatest movies of all time.
It tops the IMDB all-time charts.
I have seen it a whole bunch of times but every time its on I end up watching it for the upteenth time..It is an amazing movie and I will buy it on blu ray when ...
+1 & not surprising.

I don't think I can ever watch it again, I had the VHS, own the DVD, not to mention that it's on TNT or TBS every other week. :D
Welp, I never owned it, rented it once ever, and don't have tv programming. :D

2.) I can't see it really have any spectacular improvements over the DVD in terms of SQ or PQ. This one is all about the story. (and what a story it is!)
...I will be buying this one on BD regardless, and I will watch it. I expect it WILL be an improvement video wise.
The fact that they've taken so long, with several delays, and that they're trying the AVC video codec for the first time leads me to believe that this is going to be a significant improvement. Well, one could hope anyways. :)

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I'm thinking there would be a few great scenes that would look and sound great.

Last edited by a moderator:
pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
I'm thinking there would be a few great scenes that would look and sound great.

Agreed!

If only the publisher would release the Stephen King novella again. I'd love to read the actual book.

-pat

Last edited by a moderator:
MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
This is one of my most watched movies, probably have seen it atleast 10 times.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
This is one of my most watched movies, probably have seen it atleast 10 times.
Only 10??? Including the number of times that I've watched 40 minute pieces of it on TBS & TNT, I must have watched that movie well over 100 times. :eek:

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Can't blame you there, with forced 16:9, overly compressed picture, and stupidly hot sound......It's Joe Six Pack and his 32" LCD's dream channel. :)
LOL, good one! Add to that censorship:mad: and commercials.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Only 10??? Including the number of times that I've watched 40 minute pieces of it on TBS & TNT, I must have watched that movie well over 100 times. :eek:
I've only seen it maybe 5 times entirely, but I have watched parts of it many, many times whenever I find it on TV too.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis