Sharp has a new 90 inch led tv

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
That's insane! I wish they would make a 75", I think Samsung was going to have a 75" tv, but I haven't seen it so I guess they decided not to go through with it.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Man, so glad I didn't buy the 80" and become obsolete just a few months later.

Sharp FTW!

W

wolf112@msn.com

Audiophyte
Sharp Tv's

The good: Image quality is very good though although not on par with better Samsung, LG, and Panasonic Tv's
The bad: reliability leaves much to be desired. get extended waranty.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
This display is showing up now from my distributors... All on backorder, but pricing is available with a minimum advertised price of $9,999.99. I expect some will violate that rule and we will see them under $8,500 online.

Considering the size and potential, this display is likely to sell very well.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
The good: Image quality is very good though although not on par with better Samsung, LG, and Panasonic Tv's
The bad: reliability leaves much to be desired. get extended waranty.
HTF can you claim such half-a$$ed generalized claim ?? Especially on top-end model which was just barely announced. Were you able to benchmark it in lab conditions and have it ISF calibrated and measured?

p.s: My colleague's 50" Sharp LCD is going strong after 6 years with 0 issues.

M

Mikebiker

Enthusiast
I'd have no worthwhile place to mount a 90" TV. Somewhere around 65" is the maximum that I could fit and still have it centered in the viewing area.

M

matteos

Enthusiast
Is it better to wait for 4k resolution for something that's 90 inches? Though I guess there's almost no 4k content

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Is it better to wait for 4k resolution for something that's 90 inches? Though I guess there's almost no 4k content
You can wait yourself into never buying anything, so I'd say get it if you can afford it. Although it may be cheaper in a year or two, but it's still not a bad price for what you get. But remember there are projectors that have 150+" screens and look fantastic in 1080p.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Necessary resolution is about viewing distance and screen size, not just screen size by itself.

Generally speaking, one foot back for every 10" of diagonal is about the closest you want to be. So 9' from a 90" diagonal will look perfectly acceptable to most people. Obviously some people have better vision, and some people are just picky.

I would definitely go for this display in my current family room setup if money allowed (allows?) it.

B

brian6751

Audioholic Intern
i saw one of these at Magnolia/Best Buy the other day. Crazy big. had it turned up real bright in their darkened room of course.

I'd have no worthwhile place to mount a 90" TV. Somewhere around 65" is the maximum that I could fit and still have it centered in the viewing area.
Wouldn't it be funny as heck to have a 90" electric projection screen overtop of this and then roll it up to reveal an LCD that's the same size? I could see this showing up in an episode of The Simpsons... though it's probably only funny to people who understand the whole daytime/nighttime thing...

W

wolf112@msn.com

Audiophyte
Settle down Sharpie, my opinion was from speaking to Big Box store techs who claimed that Sharp is among the bottom tier in reliability and top tier in returns.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Not sure why it is a big deal since 102" and 108" have already been on the market for years, and Panasonic has the 152" model :eek: I saw that in person when they had it at Frys when it was "on tour". Now that is HUGE.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis