Sharp Aquos model LC60LE6500

W

wrd0225

Enthusiast
Sharp Aquos model LC60LE6500 comes on, stays on a minute then turns off. Anyone have and idea what the problem is?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Sharp Aquos model LC60LE6500 comes on, stays on a minute then turns off. Anyone have and idea what the problem is?
The TV has developed a serious fault, that is taking too much current from the power supply and the protection is shutting it down to prevent serious damage including smoke and fire.

The TV needs service or replacement.

Sharp have got out of the TV business, but they are supposed to have parts for 7 years by law. The problem is that it is hard to find a TV repair service these days. Often times firms seem not to have parts available for very long.

Contact Sharp for advice on repair and the nearest authorized factory certified repair service.

The next issue is that the repair may not be cheap, and you will have to pay for diagnostic work, only to find the cost of repair is not worth it.

I suspect due to the difficulty involved in getting a big TV like that shipped to and fro the repair center and the cost of repair, you will decide on a new TV, unless the repair center happens to be in driving distance. If you don't have the original packing then shipping will be virtually impossible and the repair center may not accept it without the original packing.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
If you're comfortable with doing the work yourself, look on YouTube- they have many videos for this kind of thing. Be prepared to weed through many videos, to find the ones that are accurate and show the test methods. If you don't have a multi-meter, get one and learn to use it. If you don't want to do this repair, ask friends and dealers in your area who does their service.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis