S

Slipery99

Audiophyte
Hi everyone! I just recently moved out and have pieced together a home theatre system in the last few weeks. I purchased a rather underwhelming Sony STRDH520 which will have to do for now, and through kijiji I have gotten a pair of RTI 6's and PSW 111 ($250 for both!) and so me Mission 780's that I am using as surrounds. I would love to get a CSI A6, but I can't afford it right now, so I picked up a Polk CS245i to fill in as my center speaker. I also recently purchased the IQ wall-mount from Visions, so I will be wall-mounting my TV with just enough room to let my center speaker slide under it. I had a small question about my front sound stage speaker placement. I will be about 8 feet and 2 inches from the TV and I can have the front of the center speaker about 7'6" to 7'10" from my sitting position. I currently have my RTI 6's on either side of my TV on the TV bench. From center to center they are only 4 feet away from each other, and I thought that adding a center speaker in there would really make things kind of tight. I am wondering if it is worth buying some stands to put on either side of my TV stand in order to put the L and R speakers about 7 feet apart. The only issue with this is that they will be then up against a bookshelf and they will be sticking out a bit farther then the center speaker.

The stands cost me $40, and I am pushing my budget as it is with the wife, so I am curious whether you guys think it would be worth it for acoustics and soundstage reasons to go with the stands.. I think it is aesthetically more pleasing to have the speakers in the shelf, and I also don't really want them to be obtrusive. Here is a picture to help you out. Thanks everyone for the help.

S

Slipery99

Audiophyte
Sorry, just to add.

Another option is putting it in the actually bookshelf by removing the 2nd shelf, but I thought that this would be the worst of all 3 options in terms of acoustics.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis