Setting up home theatre, which speakers do you reccomend?

N

nchammer

Enthusiast
Home theatre speakers, decision time!

-Room = 10 X 25 apprx
-Setting up a 7.1 system

Looking to spend 300$ canadian per pair of speakers, 300ish for a centerthrow, 1000 for a sub.

I've been told to look at the Paradigm performance Titans, with the CC-270 Center, and their 1000$ sub.

What would you reccomend for me?

I also saw the Infinity Primus series which looked all right, but what is your take?

I want the best sound quality possible (obviously). Concerts/Movies/Sporting events mostly. Thanks a ton for any help you can give me.

Last edited:
Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Have you auditioned any speakers? You should let your ears do the walking on this one...there are lots of brands available in your price range. If it's only personal opinions you want, we have plenty of them, too. ;)

You can get a very nice sub for a grand. The Hsu VTF-HO Turbo will be right at that mark and will be on the shelves shortly. SVS has some nice subs in that range, tho' perhaps not so musical. And my opinion of Paradigms is that they are much too bright for me...the highs hurt my ears. And I don't find them very musically persuasive. Just my opinion though. You really need to audition before putting out those hard-earned bucks of yours.

Happy hunting.

N

nchammer

Enthusiast
I listened to the Paradigms, and was happy with the performance, however, the CD I listened to (although it is the greatest CD ever IMO, The Joshua Tree) its recorded using analog, so the sound quality of the CD isn't perfect, but I was happy with the sound of the speakers nonetheless. Which others in my price range do you think would be a good idea to check out?

PS, thanks for the help.

C

corey

Senior Audioholic
These would all be around your range:
Klipsch RC-25 RB-25
Polk CSi3 RTi4
Axiom VP100 M3Ti
Ascend Acoustics CMT-340c CBM-170

If you could find an $800 sub you like, that would give you some more room on your front & center.

Shaft0rz

Shaft0rz

Enthusiast
I'd definitely also look at the Infinity Primus 150's. I'm happy with mine, but some people find their brightness a little too forward -- I appreciate the clarity and detail it provides though. The biggest caveat, though, is the bass performance. Bass is tight with great dynamics and transients, but it just isn't very low. If you were going to get these, you'll be disappointed until you get a subwoofer.

So if a subwoofer is in the works, I'd recommend them.

Hope that helps

Vancouver

Vancouver

Full Audioholic
nchammer said:
-Room = 10 X 25 apprx
-Setting up a 7.1 system

Looking to spend 300$ canadian per pair of speakers, 300ish for a centerthrow, 1000 for a sub.

I've been told to look at the Paradigm performance Titans, with the CC-270 Center, and their 1000$ sub.

What would you reccomend for me?

I also saw the Infinity Primus series which looked all right, but what is your take?

I want the best sound quality possible (obviously). Concerts/Movies/Sporting events mostly. Thanks a ton for any help you can give me.

The B&W 300 series are exactly $300 a pair I believe, and 300 for a center. I had those speakers and was very happy with them for the price. Go have a listen to them if you can. There are a lot of subs you can look at for $1000, but I would look at REL.

What are you going to use to power the system?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis