Setting up Goldenear 3D Array & ForceField3 Sub

J

jgaepi

Enthusiast
My epic journey is almost done. Last thing to do is configure my set up and be done with it. My Hobbitesque journey began in October when I foolishly sold my old Denon receiver and Kef egg speakers. I did it when we ripped our carpet out and put in hardwood. Wife said no more wires under the floorboards and no holes in the walls for speaker wire. Boy do we both regret that now. I was never audio savvy and didn't really properly configure that set up in the beginning.

I sold my equipment and foolishly bought the Sonos "home theater" 5.1 set up. Playbar, Sub and Two Play 1 surrounds. They call it "home theater" but forgot to tell buyers that they didn't pay the DTS licensing fees so movies will be mute. Anyone out there loves to watch Star Wars without any sound?

That part of the quest took me 2 months to resolve but finally I am on Part 3 of my journey. I went and bought a Goldenear 5.1 set up. The 3D Array sound bar, ForceField 3 sub and 2 Sat3 surrounds. I also bought a Marantz 1504 slim receiver. So I am done buying. Speaker wire guy comes next week to run the wire for the surrounds.

I am just unsure about the set up. I want to do it right this time. Any recommendations on configuring the set up on the receiver and on the back of the sub? Crossovers, spacing, Sub set up on rear panel, etc. Any help is greatly appreciated.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Generally you will run the automatic setup using the included Marantz microphone, then tweak to your liking. For measuring room quality, balancing speakers, etc. the internal algorithms are typically better than what people can gather by ear and are a good starting point. The 'auto setup' function is certainly the way to start.

J

jgaepi

Enthusiast
Ok, but what should I set on the back of the sub? That isn't done automatically. Thanks.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis