Selah Audio SSR Bookshelf speakers in bubinga veneer

C

capricious

Junior Audioholic
I've a pair of Selah Audio SSR speakers that i'm looking to sell. I built the cabinet (sealed) using aruco plywood, and finished with bubinga veneer. The front and rear edges are all hardwood as shown in the pics. I'd rate it a 8/10 for the simple reason that its a DIY job, but i'm quite happy with the way it has turned out. This is one of the most popular kits amongst Selah Audio's offerings. You can use a 1 cu ft cabinet for a ported design if you so desire. No change in cross over.

The inner wall of the cabinet is lined with vinyl flooring tile, and 1" open cell foam for damping. The cabinet is extremely stiff, and well braced. The veneer is raw bubinga that i applied using the hot iron method. I applied light walnut stain on the veneer, and dark walnut stain on the edges. The veneer was finished using oil/urethane mix from general finishes. Its an extremely hard and durable finish that does not look plastic.

The woofer is a 7" scanspeak revelator and the tweeter is fountek neo3.0 ribbon. The sound is quite exquisite, and quite possibly the best bookshelf speaker i've ever owned.

Some specs are as follows:
Response - 45hz - 20khz (+/- 3db)
Sensitivity - 84db
Impedance - 6.8/7 ohms
Dimensions - 9"(w) x 16"(h) x 14"(d)

They sell for $1695.00 assembled, and the just the kit costs $795.00, and i'm asking for just $650.00. Buyer pays shipping (from 75025) and paypal. I am fine with postal MO as well.

Since this is a DIY cabinet, i don't have any packaging material. So a local buyer (Dallas area) is preferred. My zip code is 75025.
I also have a pair of curved 1 cu ft MTM cabinet from parts express as well that i might sell.

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis