Seirra tower Vs Salk song tower.who prefer on the other.

A

A330-200

Junior Audioholic
There is a good reviews on the Acsend Acoustics Seirra tower.
And also there is a good reviews on Salk Song Tower.
These two towers are similar to eachother.& sounding well.
And the both are good choice for everyone.
But off curse there some advantages to one of these towers make one prefer on the other ! What is these advantage !
which better for 2700$ !Seirras or Salk song towers !.

Many thanks to Audioholics Forums.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
There is a good reviews on the Acsend Acoustics Seirra tower.
And also there is a good reviews on Salk Song Tower.
These two towers are similar to eachother.& sounding well.
And the both are good choice for everyone.
But off curse there some advantages to one of these towers make one prefer on the other ! What is these advantage !
which better for 2700$ !Seirras or Salk song towers !.
These are both very good speakers, designed by people who know what they're doing, made and sold by companies that know what they're doing. I don't think a "which is better" question makes any sense here.

I could tell you what I prefer, but I own SongTowers and have not heard the Sierra tower. You will have to hear both and decide what you prefer. No one else's preferences matter as much as your own.

You should remember that the SongTower is available with an excellent dome tweeter for the lower cost of $2000 per pair.

For Salk, look here for an Owners' Audition List. For Ascend Audio, contact the company for that info.

A

A330-200

Junior Audioholic
I will see these links.
Thanks swerd thanks cschange.
Many thanks friends.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I was in the same boat comparing the two. They both look like a fantastic speaker, so I don't really think you could go wrong with either. Great reviews on both. I did decide to go a totally different route and build the ER18 because it looks very much like a Song Tower, but with the ribbon option.

This is one of those situations where you're going to want to audition both before your final purchase. Good luck.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I believe both of these companies will allow you to audition their speakers for 30 days (verify with Salk for the Song Towers - their website wasn't clear on this last time I looked).
You would have to pay shipping for the ones you returned, but in this price range, I think it'd be worth it for you to know you got the speakers you preferred.
Personally, I believe there is actually a lot of agreement on what the proper sound of a good speaker is. However, once you are talking about two very good options like this, you are getting down to the nuances. A lot depends on what music you listen to, how much you listen to live music, and in what venue you listen to live music.
I know when I had three very good speakers in my room (Song Tower Ribbon, Paradigm Sig.2, and Focal Solo6Be) I was delighted with the prospect of owning any of them. By having them together in the same room, I could detect subtle differences and decide which I preferred.
I don't think there is any other way to choose between speakers of this caliber. If they are in different rooms, the rooms are likely to be a bigger factor. I wouldn't feel comfortable listening to them in the same room at different times. You really want to go for side by side, level matched, with instant switching if you can (having two identical receivers is the most practical way I have found to do this).

A

A330-200

Junior Audioholic
Yes mr kew.
I listen to the both but the time was short.so i did'nt record any advantages on the both.
But many many reviews says Ascends seirra do very well and very clear and very separation between individual instrument in the midrange. in other words the sound is a very natural and thats not easy except some speakers.(really who say Ascend Acoustics is company know what they do).
If i decide or anyone decide to buy these speakers, should go to the version with ribbon tweeter.not standard version.(don't mean the standard is bad) , but if the natural of the sound is important to you.

But small question :
It can be compared between the Seirra towers and Aperion verus ground tower ?
I like the style and the shape of these speaker.i don't have the opportunity because we don't have it in our country.
So any advice on them.
In fact i hop take an idea about these speaker and know with what i need to compare these speakers.(Aperion verus grand tower).
Many many many thanks for your activity friends.

I

ichigo

Full Audioholic
3 way vs MTM, I wonder if the Sierra would have better power handling and dispersion? MTM theoretically should have very poor laterally dispersion at the extremes.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
3 way vs MTM, I wonder if the Sierra would have better power handling and dispersion? MTM theoretically should have very poor laterally dispersion at the extremes.
I think you have lateral and vertical confused. SongTower lateral dispersion is excellent. Although I haven't heard it, the Sierra Tower's lateral dispersion is probably similar. Both have relatively narrow cabinets and 5½" drivers.

If you listen to any MTM speaker, such as the SongTower, while standing up, bass will seem to be louder. When you sit down, your ears will be between the two woofers, and you'll be listening inside the "MTM plane". At first, you may think the bass doesn't sound as loud, or that the midrange and treble just got louder, making the speakers sound brighter overall.

Above the MTM plane, your ears are closer to the upper woofer and further from the lower one, causing sounds from one to be out of phase with the other, and cancel each other out. This is more prominent in upper midrange, making the speakers sound more bass heavy when you stand up. People often blame this on the lack of vertical dispersion by the tweeter, but most of the change you hear is below the 2500 Hz crossover point. This is just one of the things MTM speakers do.

Because the Sierra Tower has multiple 5½" drivers, 2 woofers and 1 midrange, it is possible that something similar may happen with those speakers as you move up or down.

The power handling of these two speakers is also probably similar.

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
Are you speaking of the center channel?

The power handling of these two speakers is also probably similar.
Not in my experience.

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
I'm leaning toward the Ascend Tower W/RAAL.

If your room is large enough and you can increase your budget a little, you could go with the Philharmonic 2. :)

The Phils, Salk SongTower, and Ascend Tower are in another league than the Verus Grand.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I'm leaning toward the Ascend Tower W/RAAL.

If your room is large enough and you can increase your budget a little, you could go with the Philharmonic 2. :)

The Phils, Salk SongTower, and Ascend Tower are in another league than the Verus Grand.
Funny thing is that I was in the same boat trying to decide. I can't use the phils because of room placement. When I asked someone recommended that if I was into DIY I should try building the ER18's. They look similar to the SongTower, but since I have no experience with any of the speakers I can only go on what I've been told here. The drivers are different, but hopefully they are similar enough that it sounds as good as the Sierra or the SongTower. If not then I guess I'll start looking again.

oldgoalie33

oldgoalie33

Junior Audioholic
As an owner of many Salk speakers over the past few years, I'm partial to SongTowers. Though I've not owned or heard the Sierra Towers, I did have the Sierra bookshelves right before I made the move to SongTowers. (In fact, Swerd and I got our SongTowers around the same time!) I thought the Sierra's were one of the best bookshelf speakers at their price range, and in fact outperformed more expensive models I'd owned. I don't think you can go wrong with either speaker. Both Jim and Dave are great to deal with and each make great products. It's really a matter of personal preference.

D

Delhi sound

Enthusiast
If i was in your situation.
I will stop at this point and increase a 300$ to your 2700$ and go with KEF R900 and be very comfort with them.
Really this is a very good idea.believe me. :):):)

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
So what lead you in making your final decision...did you compare any of the speakers on your list or just go on a whim? Not that the Kefs aren't a good choice but why should we just believe you or go by another posters POV....just saying...;). Fwiw...the 900's retail from kef direct for ~5Gs.

http://www.kefdirect.com/r900.html

I will stop at this point and increase a 300$ to your 2700$ and go with KEF R900 and be very comfort with them.

Last edited:
monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
That's not a bad idea except that the R900 is ~$5,000. ;)

R

Ricardojoa

Audioholic
The kef r series lines price difference between models are ridiculous. I have heard the 700 and i was suprised the big sound they throw.

D

Delhi sound

Enthusiast
So what lead you in making your final decision...did you compare any of the speakers on your list or just go on a whim? Not that the Kefs aren't a good choice but why should we just believe you or go by another posters POV....just saying...;). Fwiw...the 900's retail from kef direct for ~5Gs.

KEF R900

Without nervesness, its only advice mr billy.
It may Ascends acoustics Seirra towers is more powerful than KEF R900 (Ascends / 350RMS - KEF R900 / 250RMS) but the sounds , naturally , separates and the quality of everything in the speaker really make a different.(not say Ascends is wrong choice).That's why i said believe me.
Its only my advice mr billy.

The price of the pair R900 is 3000$. The complete package at around 5000$ to 5500$.

:)

Last edited:
P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
It may Ascends acoustics Seirra towers is more powerful than KEF R900 (Ascends / 350RMS - KEF R900 / 250RMS) but the sounds , naturally , separates and the quality of everything in the speaker really make a different.(not say Ascends is wrong choice).That's why i said believe me.

The price of the pair R900 is 3000$. The complete package at around 5000$ to 5500$.

That's an excellent discount, but in what $, US, Euro or something else?

A

A330-200

Junior Audioholic

Hhhhhm. Is may the RMS determine your choice ?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis