Seeking Recommendations for a Sub Under $300

LunaLoomer

LunaLoomer

Audiophyte
Hey Audiophiles,

I'm on the hunt for a subwoofer under $300. I understand that at this price point, it might not deliver top-notch sound, but I currently have HSU HB-1's, and as a hip-hop enthusiast, I'm craving more bass. Any recommendations or insights would be greatly appreciated!
EHallPass

Thanks,

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd also look into used subs if the budget is tight.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Parts Express has the sub1200 for ~$179 and the sub1500 for $259. Both won't dig down to 20Hz, but should have decent output for the price. The 1500 is probably similar to the Monoprice 15".

A

aultplan

Audiophyte
When searching for a subwoofer under $300 to complement your existing HSU HB-1 speakers and enhance your hip-hop listening experience, here are a few options to consider:

1. Polk Audio PSW10: This budget-friendly subwoofer offers solid bass performance for its price range. It features a 10-inch driver and is known for its deep, impactful bass output. The PSW10 also has adjustable controls for volume, crossover, and phase, allowing you to fine-tune the sound to your preferences.
  2. Klipsch Reference R-10SW: Klipsch is renowned for its high-quality audio products, and the R-10SW is no exception. With a 10-inch copper-spun front-firing woofer and a powerful amplifier, this subwoofer delivers tight, punchy bass that complements a wide range of music genres, including hip-hop.
  3. Monoprice 9723: The Monoprice 9723 is another affordable option that offers surprisingly good bass performance for its price. It features a 12-inch driver and a built-in 150-watt amplifier, providing ample low-end rumble for your music and movies.
  4. Dayton Audio SUB-1200: If you're looking for a budget subwoofer with a larger driver, the Dayton Audio SUB-1200 might be worth considering. With a 12-inch long-throw woofer and a powerful amplifier, this subwoofer delivers deep, impactful bass that can fill larger rooms with ease.
  5. Yamaha NS-SW050BL: Yamaha's NS-SW050BL is a compact and affordable subwoofer that delivers surprisingly good bass performance for its size. It features an 8-inch cone driver and Yamaha's Advanced YST II technology, which helps to reproduce deep and accurate bass frequencies.
Ultimately, the best subwoofer for you will depend on your specific preferences, room size, and listening environment. It's also worth considering factors such as build quality, warranty coverage, and customer reviews when making your decision. Additionally, if possible, try to audition different subwoofers in person to see how they sound with your existing speakers and music collection.

mykplan.com

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
RSL Speedwoofer 10E under $300 US delivered. A great deal.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis