Searching a good recording Microphone.

W

William Lemay

Audiophyte
I didn't find the place to post that kind of post in this forums so I thought I'd put it here.

Basically, I'd like to find a good Microphone for my PC.

I do a lot of singing, guitar, and piano. I'll also do a lot of streaming/commenting in the incoming months so I want a Microphone that can do the job well.

I've had an Audio-Technica ATR 2500-USB (ATR2500-USB Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone || Audio-Technica US) for a while, but it records a lot of background noise, is a bit noisy itself, it doesn't maneuver the lows and highs very well, and the stand is rather cheap.

I'm looking forward to moving on on something better.

I've had a few options already, but I'm not quite settled, that's why I'm here.

Option 1 : Audio-Technica AT4040

Option 2 : Anything Shure.

Option 3 : Propositions ?

My budget is $500 maximum.

Thanks.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
I’d suggest posting your question on a board for recording enthusiasts and professionals, such as the Tape Op Message Board

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Last edited by a moderator:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I didn't find the place to post that kind of post in this forums so I thought I'd put it here.

Basically, I'd like to find a good Microphone for my PC.

I do a lot of singing, guitar, and piano. I'll also do a lot of streaming/commenting in the incoming months so I want a Microphone that can do the job well.

I've had an Audio-Technica ATR 2500-USB (ATR2500-USB Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone || Audio-Technica US) for a while, but it records a lot of background noise, is a bit noisy itself, it doesn't maneuver the lows and highs very well, and the stand is rather cheap.

I'm looking forward to moving on on something better.

I've had a few options already, but I'm not quite settled, that's why I'm here.

Option 1 : Audio-Technica AT4040

Option 2 : Anything Shure.

Option 3 : Propositions ?

My budget is $500 maximum.

Thanks.
It's not going to happen on that budget.

Any USB mic will be compromised and severely.

The better the microphone the more back ground it will pick up. There has to be dead quiet for a recording session to take place.

You need a low Z (impedance) microphone. The is one with an XLR connector on it. For vocals like that I used to use omni mics, as you don't get proximity effect and a smoother frequency response, together with better bass response as a rule.

Then you need some type of mixer, preferable one with a good DAC in it. That will be cheaper and make one box between the mic and computer and not two.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis